Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynn wilkes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Grandparents
    What rights do grandparents have regarding contact to their grandchildren?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Grandparent rights have been gaining in recent years. But parents still hold the upper hand. The laws differ depending on location so you are best checking with the family court where the grandkids live.

Why do you ask?
    samsclub Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn wilkes
    What rights do grandparents have regarding contact to their grandchildren?
    In Texas the grandparents have a legal right, if they are denied visitation they can go to court and have court ordered visitation rights. I hear that most judges (In Texas) do grant visitation rights to g-parents because it is in the best interest of the child to have relationships within their own family. You might want to contact an lawyer in your state.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 06:50 PM
    In most states, not very much. Check with an attorney about the particulars regarding your specific state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents Rights ? [ 2 Answers ]

1) My Granddaughters Mother left her and my son has know time for his daughter, my son has an abusive relationship with his girl friend and they both us drugs,neither of them can hold a job . My granddaughter has been with me sense she was 2 and half she is now 5yrs my son says he wants, his...

Grandparents child support laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have a California child support law question. If a minor male's girlfriend (both 16 years old) is having a baby, are the boys parents legally (I know what the right moral thing is) responsible to pay child support?

Grandparents rights [ 2 Answers ]

My grandson has been living with me & my family since December of last year. He was only suppose to stay here for a short time until his mother(my daughter) got on her feet. Well needless to say she hasn't come and gotten him yet. She has not been supporting him at all, my family and I have been...

Grandparents [ 1 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets...

View more questions Search