Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mattlynn Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Nov 10, 2006, 05:17 AM
    UK Questions
    :confused: Hi everyone,
    I am relatively new to this site, but enjoytrying to anser questions.
    Only problem is, a lot of the questions I am reading, have been generated from The States or Australia etc.
    Is there a way, that I can filter out questions asked from the UK Only, as trying to answer a question about an American TV Titlke in the 80's that probably never hit UK screens is impossible.

Thanks all

:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 05:32 AM
    No, you can't filter stuff that way.

I'm surprised at what you have found. Most members here are from the US. Here's a graphic of our members just for fun.
    Attached Images

Mattlynn Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Nov 10, 2006, 05:39 AM
    Thanks anyway - just have to read american questions, and hope that some of them relate to UK ways of doing things etc.
    Cheers
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 06:43 AM
    So much of the site applies to all folk from all over... except for things like legal, credit, etc.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlynn
    thanks anyway - just have to read american questions, and hope that some of them relate to UK ways of doing things etc.
    Cheers
    Its very interesting thou...
    Get all sorts of nationalities here. Im from Europe too :)
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 10, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Whoa, that map is awesome.

What do you mean by the 'UK' way of doing things? I thought being human meant doing the right thing. :)

If it is something pertaining to legalities, forms of commerce or any other government 'thing', then we will either help with as much as we know pertaining to your situation or if we don't we may not answer unless we've done the proper research. It also depends on how much information you give out when you ask a question. Take care!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
    Oh don't worry about us Americans, we have deep, meaningful questions which are quite topical to the average Brit. It's those Canadians you want to shy away from! Don't read any of their questions. All nonsense... Moose Drool! I've been looking for a way to filter them out myself. By the way, I'm the red dot just left of Montana.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Nov 12, 2006, 04:15 PM
    I myself (as a brit),have never thought in transatlantic,australasian,european,or where ever terms.I just think of us as one big global family,without filters,or borders.

Yehaarrrrrr!! :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Matt, that is one of the main reasons that it is important to fill in your Location in your profile. That way everyone knows where your advice is coming from.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I myself (as a brit),have never thought in transatlantic,australasian,european,or where ever terms.I just think of us as one big global family,without filters,or borders.

Yehaarrrrrr!!!!!!!! :)
    I too am a brit and would like to say - Nicely put Nez! :)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    I too am a brit and would like to say - Nicely put Nez!! :)
    Well I lived in UK for 6 years so I could class myself as semi brit, but besides that I'm european! LOL :p
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 13, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Californian's are a breed of their own, I have travled many miles, and coming here is literally like stepping into a new country. The only other place I thought was awkard is New Jersey, that whole no left hand turns thing really stumped me and has been chalked up to things I must find out before I die questions...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Several Questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have serveral TV questions. 1) What was the name of the televison shows that paired siblings and they had to answer questions based on what their sibling would say and the winners got to play game where they would have to choose what 4 out of 6 toys their sibling would have chosen and if they...

Few questions [ 6 Answers ]

I live in NY and work as consultant in NJ. My employer (sponsorer) office is in NH. 1)Can I itemize deductions for commute expenses from my home in NY to work place (where I worked as consultant)? 2) My employer cut tax of NJ. Do I have to file NY tax return also? -Mukul

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search