Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akrh125 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Hypersensitive Teeth
    Hi,
    I have been told by my dentist that I have a few hypersensitive teeth. I have been using X-Pur toothpaste for about 6 months and it has helped with some of my teeth, but not all (the hypersensitive ones).
    She put a product on my hypersensitive teeth that is supposed to help.
    My question is, can I have some sort of composite material put on these teeth to actually cover them and protect them?
    Thanks in advance!
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Nov 24, 2009, 08:59 PM

Well if you have abrasion marks (wear marks) you could get them filled... usually the best treatment is using sensodyne toothpaste regularly... I have people brush with it, spit and rinse, the brush it on again and leave a bit on at night... good luck
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Hi akrh,

X-Pur is a great toothpaste to use for hypersensitivity! Be sure you are following the instructions: brush for 2 minutes, twice a day and don't rinse or eat for 30 minutes after.

Is the sensitivity you are experiencing on the sides of the teeth near the gumline or on the chewing surface?
    akrh125 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 10:15 AM

The sensitivity is on the sides of the teeth. The X-Pur toothpaste has helped for most of my teeth, but the odd ones are still sensitive. She did put some sort of X-Pur product on the sides of the teeth that were still sensitive and hopefully that will help, but I was wondering why can't she just cover those hypersensitive teeth with something so that it won't be an issue.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 01:12 PM
    A good dentist won't put fillings unless there is significant enamel gone (notch) since it's more of a challenge to keep the gums healthy when there is a filling sitting at the gumline. Bacteria adheres to the restorations and can cause the gums to get inflammed OR you end up with decay! Make sure you are using an ultra soft toothbrush, avoid scrubbing back and forth with your brush. Roll your brush up from the gumline of the bottom teeth and down from the gumline of the top teeth.
    Be sure you are getting enough calcium in your diet as I have found that those who don't end up experiencing hypersensitivity more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My teeth [ 3 Answers ]

I need lots of dental work done on my teeth, don't have insurance or the money. Would like to fine someplace that can help me. Most of my teeth are broken at the gum line so every time I eat they break off a little more and they hurt. I'm told the I need dentu

Bad teeth [ 9 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and I have bad teeth. I was not routinely taken to the dentist when I was younger and it has taken a toll on my teeth. I had all the cavities filled when I was 20 and have not had one since. My teeth are yellow and yesterday my dentist said I have gingivitis. I started to...

Bad teeth [ 1 Answers ]

I am a teenage girl who has had bullimia for nearly 3 years. My teeth are so bad one has rotted and the other one has lost its filling. Im to scared to go to the dentist and now I have no dentist till August but I'm scared of this tooth rotting as well its near the front of my mouth and noticeable...

Hypersensitive shower knob, Leaking onto ceiling of lower unit. [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this. I just moved into a second floor condo and was recently informed of a plumbing leak that's causing damage to the ceiling of the condo below me. The condo owner and I ran all the faucets in my place and we discovered that it must be the...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search