Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 9, 2006, 11:21 PM
    How to connect telephone
    I've got an old telephone , the dial type and it's in excellent shape. Now I'm wondering how to connect it to the jack by myself. It just has wires that connect to the jack somehow, nothing there to plug in just the wires coming from the telephone. I've got a feeling that they just wrap around the screws in the jack but maybe someone can tell me just what to do.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Take the cover off the jack. If it is a newer one, it has incoming wires and wires from the jack itself wrapped around screws. Just loosen the screws and add the green and red wires in the phone cord to the green and red wires in the box. I think most phone systems still accept dial pulse dialing.

I am on Vonage, VOIP, and can't use a dial phone.

No sense replacing things that you can make work.
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Nov 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Thanks guys. I'll try it later and let you know how it turned out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone ethics [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for FREE telephone ethics for a customer service department. Ex: how to answer the phone, how to end a phone call, what to avoid... If you have any information, please let me know Thank you for your help, Patrick

Telephone question... [ 7 Answers ]

... I'm finishing my basement and where the main phone line comes in through the foundation, there is this tiny little phone box. It has 2 terminals for the two home wires. Problem is that whoever hooked up all of the phone lines in the house has made an enormous nightmare of this little box. ...

Telephone [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 7 year old Uniden telephone in the kitchen that has a wireless hand set and speaker in the base. The AC adapter is making a very soft buzzing sound that we had never noticed before. Should the whole works or the adapter be replaced? We are leery since an old computer popped that was...

Telephone [ 3 Answers ]

What DXX stands for?

Telephone wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I hope you'll be able to help me.. I am trying to have a phone at the kitchen and both my bedrooms. When I first moved into the apartment, there was only 1 jack working (bedroom 2), I was able to successfully put the kitchen jack working a month ago. Now, I am trying to work on the bedroom 1...

View more questions Search