Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harshap82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 10:19 PM
    Website compatible with Safari
    Hi,

I am new to web designing. I want to know what specific things to kee pin mind while design webpages so that they are compatible with Safari?

Thanks,
    Harsha
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 2, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Anything you create the works with internet explorer or mozilla Firefox should theoretically work with safari.

Safari is a widespread application, and I would assume it follows the HTTP standards as well as internet explorer or Firefox.

In fact, I know that a few sites I have seen with slight bugs in them actually showed up better in safari than in Internet Explorer, because of error correction.

My point is, you shouldn't really have to do anything specifically different to make it work in the Mcintosh "Safari" web browser.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Just to follow on from Retso's answer, as long as your coding complies with W3C standards then you'll be fine.
    For further information Here's their site.
    They offer some validation tools that work a treat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AVG + Stinger--Compatible? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, A while back, I worked on someone's PC, and did nothing to it but do virus and spyware scans. I carry McAfee's Stinger standalone program with me on a USB drive and I used this on her PC. It found nothing. This person had AVG on the PC as well, but I did not run it, as I have never...

Fax/Color Printer/Copier-Mac Compatible [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know which combination fax/color printer/copier is the most compatible with Macintosh. Looking at a hewlit packard site there have apparently Been many things that haven't worked too well in the past. I need simple, straightforward, good quality that's relatively fast.

Using ask me website [ 8 Answers ]

How can I use this website,step by step please,and how can I ask anonymously.thx a lot

Fax machines compatible with Macs [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about Brother Fax/printer machines? Trying to find a fax machine that is compatible with Macs and apparently Brothers is. Anybody have any experience with this one? 

View more questions Search