Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kestel528 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Gas Furnace problems
    My Evcon/Coleman propane furnace is starting up but the pilot lite will not ignite... When you set it to come on it kicks on but there is no fire through the peep hole.It is about 11 years old. Does anyone have any advise on what the problem could be?
    Amchiller Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Ever clean it?
    kestel528 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Yes, it's cleaned every winter. I got a tech over... come to find out it was the Ignition module. Running great now! Regards, James
    steve wilmoth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Hi sounds like you might need a new thermocouple. It's a safety devise that needs replacing now and again cost around 5 dollars
    drew13003 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Furnace small exhaust fan turns on for 2 seconds then shuts down dose'nt try to light
    drew13003 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 06:36 PM

Furnace small exhaust fan turns on for 3 seconds ,then unit shuts down unit doesn't attempt to start
    fuentes263 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Hello
    I have a Heat n Glo gas fireplace (model SL-750TR) which has worked for a couple of years. Recently the pilot won't stay on when I light it. I replaced the thermocouple which worked when the glass door was off but shut off once I put the door back. It is evident that the flame is reduced and not touching the thermocouple. Does my gas valve need replacement.

Thanks
    Confused
    joseph townsend Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2013, 11:50 AM
    When you say the furnace is starting up what due you mean. On a furnace you have a gas block which needs a signal from the igniter to come on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Goodman gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a goodman gas furnace, gms91155dxa for about a year. Recently I notice the furnace repeats on and off while it didn't reach at set temperature. After the heater is on, it runs some minutes and it shuts off itself. And the draft inducing motor runs, the ignitor is on and gas blows and in...

Natural gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a strong pilot light but the main burner isn't coming on... could it be the thermocouple?

Home gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My gas home heating system turns of suddenly and the desired temperature has not been reached. This started happening 2 days ago. When we go to bed we lower the temperature to 58 degrees and when we are up in the morning we raise the temperature to 68 degrees. Yesterday morning I raised...

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

View more questions Search