Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Health Care it is all how you look at it.
    New Health Care plan

Let me get this straight.

We're going to pass a health care plan
    written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it,
    passed by a Congress that hasn't read it, but exempts themselves from it,
    signed by a president that also hasn't read it, and who smokes,
    with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes,
    overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and
    financed by a country that's already broke.

[CENTER]
    What could possibly go wrong?
    [bbcode][/bbcode]
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 23, 2009, 11:23 PM

When I saw that the plan is over 2,000 pages, I don't see how the politicians could ever find time to read it, unless that is all they did day and night for months, with barely any breaks. The language is not entirely understandable either... so, if it is passed, do you think it is just to possibly not have to deal with it anymore? Who really knows.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 05:46 AM

It is the product of smoke filled back room dealing where holdout so called moderates like Mary Landrieu and others negotiate $300 million in pork for their states in return for selling out their principles (if they have any) .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 07:58 AM

Hello Padre:

I'd be able to read 2,000 pages in 72 hours. Most college grads could too... That's what the Republicans asked for, and that's what Harry Reid gave them. I'd also be able to understand it.

As sophisticated as tom is, he doesn't know that real legislation gets DONE because of horse trading - unless it's Republicans doing it.

Having said that, I agree with you. The bill stinks, and it's going to get worse. It's going to get worse because these feckless Democrats couldn't legislate their way out of a paper bag.

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 08:33 AM

I'll hold legislators feet to the fire who buy into cr@p legislation anytime I see it . At least with moonbats like the Schmuckster I know he is doing it out of conviction. So called moderates on both sides of the aisle would sell their soul for a kickback .
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 24, 2009, 08:59 AM

Excon, I am sure we agree on the general idea what padre is saying. It's just that there is a difference between reading 2,000 pages and having to analyze it, understand it, pull apart your differences you have in each paragraph, and apply it to 50 states in their own ability to follow the rules. All with plenty of health professionals that are more educated in how the system actually works than the politician. The point is not that it really many pages, it is just that you know the politicians have plenty of other responsibilities other than this.

And how educated are they really to make decisions in such a short amount of time, if ever?
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 09:10 AM
    excon is well aware that there is a difference between reading it and understanding it. He knows it is written in legalese by the Senator's staffers and K Street lobbyists. He knows that even though we have too many lawyers serving in Congress now that they only understand the rudimentary issues . And he knows that when and if this bill does become law you can add 100 pages of regulatory language to implement the law for every page of the bill .
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 09:19 AM

Hello again, r:

Tom also knows that I prefer a shorter bill, like one page. It would say something like this:

Medicare for all.

Then I'd have to fill all that space up on the first page - like this.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Katie Couric wrote a poem about Obamacare:

Twas just weeks before Christmas and what do you know
    Senate Democrats are once again praying for Snowe.
    They won 60 votes to start the debate
    But they're back to square one and the just have to wait.
    Wait for Blue Dogs like Nelson and Lincoln
    Who say a public option would mean the economy sinkin'.
    Wait for Joe Lieberman who says it won't pass
    And hope Mary Landrieu can change her mind fast.

The Republican votes right now total zero
    But a trigger could make one woman a hero.
    The moderate who hails from the land way up north
    Could save Harry Reid's Christmas with a deal she brought forth.
    Urging government plans for when private ones fail
    To think: both sides happy, can both sides prevail?
    At this point no compromise looms within sight
    That means after Thanksgiving it's on with the fight.
    Enjoy your turkey and know we'll be here
    To help make this tough topic just a little more clear.
    As Bill the Cat would say...
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Apparently how they look at health care in the UK is "people now go into hospital to die rather than to be cured." The solution? Privatize failing providers. Ironic how Brits are now calling for more privatization and Canada is seeing explosive growth in private care facilities - while the Dems are stubbornly pushing the U.S. in the other direction.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
    What could possibly go wrong? Everything? According to John "what good is reading the bill" Conyers, Obama doesn't care what's in the bill (get the irony in that one?).

Conyers said on the Bill Press Radio Show, as covered by Sam Stein at the Huffington Post: "I'm getting tired of saving Obama's can in the White House. I mean, he only won (health care reform) by five votes in the House, and this bill wasn't anything to write home about. The public option is only available, which is the only way you manage cost and get some competition to 1,300 other health insurance companies, the only way he could have got that through is that progressives held their nose and voted for it anyway."...

"That is essentially what Rahm Emanuel has said: Just give us anything and we will declare victory," said Conyers.
    What a way to run a country- smart power.

Essentially that is Obama's governing style, give him anything and he'll just declare victory. Unemployment? Victory. Economy? Victory. Foreign policy? Victory. Stimulus program? Victory. Afghanistan? Never mind...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 04:20 PM

Here's a new plan...
    Attached Images

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 04:23 PM

Or in the alternative... if you don't like the government's version of "health care" you can use your own version instead provided you can find those pesky bullets to even buy anymore.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
    In spite of the fact that some polls show support for Obamacare at 30 percent the goons in Congress keep pressing on (except for Harry Reid, who unlike his last call for a working Saturday must attend a $1,000 plus per plate fundraiser for himself).

The ruse is that their much heralded dropping of the public option is replaced by expanding Medicare, opening the door to single payer. Not true you say?

Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y. called it “an unvarnished, complete victory for people like me who have been arguing for a single-payer system.”

The One really likes it, “I support this effort, especially since it’s aimed at increasing choice and competition and lowering cost.”

I don't think it's aimed at either. I agree with the Mayo Clinic that this is disastrous, it's worse than the public option.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 07:18 PM

"U.S. healthcare spending would rise by about $234 billion over the next decade under the Senate Democrats' overhaul bill and some of the proposed savings might never be achieved, a U.S. agency said in a report released on Friday.

It was the latest in a series of reports issued by the agency that oversees Medicare that cast doubt on some of the savings claims made by Democrats about one of President Barack Obama's top domestic priorities."
    U.S. agency sees more health spending with reform | Reuters

"Senate Democrats' plan to expand Medicare -- a program careening toward bankruptcy -- likely would hasten the demise of the health care safety net for seniors and spell financial disaster for consumers and health care providers who already are getting shortchanged by the program, critics say." http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...s-critics-say/
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

May 15, 2010, 11:21 PM

We had to rush the bill through and pass it... it was an emergency... the sky was falling... and see what a great job they did... the sky didn't fall

Hmmm that sounded like a previous bill...

Bail outs... hurry quick... the sky is falling... oh wait... umm you... why read bills, that's far too much work to hold people acocuntable and stuff...

Both parties should be hung~
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 16, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adthern View Post
    We had to rush the bill through and pass it...it was an emergency...the sky was falling...and see what a great job they did...the sky didn't fall

Hmmm that sounded like a previous bill....

Bail outs...hurry quick...the sky is falling....oh wait...umm ya...why read bills, thats far too much work to hold people acocuntable and stuff...

Both parties should be hung~
    Thus the Tea Party popularity and Libertarian registration going up.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
    And I thought you guys had this debate already, well as they say, I guess it isn't over till the fat lady sings
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

May 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Thus the Tea Party popularity and Libertarian registration going up.
    I wish the tea party were a real independent movement, with the Sarah Palin and super conservatives running to jump on board, it looks more like the right wing of the republican party's baby now. Sadly.

If it were a truly fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal/libertarian group I would be all for it!

Personally, I couldn't care less who marries who or who sleeps with who... I do care who gives My tax money to AIG, Goldman and the like without reading the damn bill... and then tries to convince me that as bad as it is, it would have been so much worse if we hadn't... ya? How do we know that? UGH... thats what I thought the experts... umm you... those same experts who got us in trouble in the first place... great advice... not!
    Uber Member

May 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adthern View Post
    and then tries to convince me that as bad as it is, it would have been so much worse if we hadn't...ya? how do we know that? UGH....thats what I thought the experts...umm ya.
    Hello Mr. President adthern:

Let me see. YOUR Treasury Secretary, and YOUR head of the Federal Reserve visited you and told you that if you DIDN'T do this, the country would spiral into a depression WORSE than the '30's. And, you're going to do what??

I know EXACTLY what you're going to do. So do you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Health Care [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: IF health care reform happens, what parts do you think WILL be included in the law? This is a poll. Vote for as many as you wish. Your vote will remain PRIVATE. excon

Health Care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find information on startong my own Health Care Business

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search