Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blackwellz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Prepare a corrected trial balance in good form.
    Maryville Online Company
    Trial Balance
    March 31, 200x

Salaries Expense 600
    Rent Expense 200
    Accounts Receivable 600
    Equipment 2,000
    K. Jacobson, Capital 2,300
    K. Jacobson, Withdrawals 100
    Service Fees 1,000
    Accounts Payable 700
    Cash 500

5,000 3,000
    Net profit 2,000

5,000 5,000

Question: Just wanted to see if I correctly placed each category in the appropriate area. I looked at other examples and they did not have the Net profit so I do not know if this a correct trial balance form
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Nov 23, 2009, 11:15 PM

I think the mistake lies in reporting service fees. It appears that you have taken the amount as a debit whereas it may be a credit balance. If you correct this entry, the trial balance will balance.

Net profit does not enter the trial balance until the accounts are closed.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Please note that the columns do not show up when you post. I actually didn't get what you were doing... we can see the columns only if we "quote" you and then it still only shows in the little screen we type in and not on the post. (That was the only way I could see what rehmanvohra was talking about with the revenue.)

A couple of added comments:

One, that difference you have is not net profit. Net profit is the difference between revenues and expenses. Your trial balance is out of balance by 2000 - that is not net profit. It's not supposed to be that way. It should balance.

Two, if you want it "in good form" then put the accounts in proper order: assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, expense. These accounts are in random order with no real meaning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prepare a balance sheet referring a trial balance [ 5 Answers ]

How to prepare a balance sheet from a trial balance ? Can anybody help me by giving An example Regards alanani

How do I Prepare a balance sheet in good form [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me on this problem?:confused: I need to prepare a balance sheet in good form(stockerholders equity details can be omitted) This is the formation I was giving in the problem Joe's Company balance sheet as of dec 31 2007

How to prepare a trial balance [ 5 Answers ]

Prepare general journal entries for the following transactions of a new business called Pose for Pics. Aug. 1 Hashim Paris, the owner, invested $7,500 cash and $32,500 of photography equipment in The business. 1 Paid $3,000 cash for an insurance policy covering the next 24 months. 5 Purchased...

View more questions Search