Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandy2010 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Meladerm + L-Glutamine + Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap
    Meladerm + L-Glutamine + Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap

Above formula is working like a rocket fuel for me. :eek:

Have been using it for about 3 weeks. Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap purchased from southgain and AST L-Glutamine from bodybuilding.com (it is quite cheap). Take 1000 mg vitamin C with 10g Glutamine twice a day. I do one hour of cardio everyday and take protein shakes. That may be contributing to effectiveness too. My skin color is north Indian.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Hi, are you taking the L-glutamine to help boost your production levels of glutathione? I understand that it's an amino acid and considered the amide of glutamic acid, but how does this contribute with lightening the skin? What are your thoughts on N Acetyl Cysteine?

Nov 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Hi, are you taking the L-glutamine to help boost your production levels of glutathione? I understand that it's an amino acid and considered the amide of glutamic acid, but how does this contribute with lightening the skin? What are your thoughts on N Acetyl Cysteine?
    Not sure about exact science behind it but I remember reading L-glutamine helps with skin lightening. May be all it is doing is repairing my muscles after workout, which is not bad either :D. I am skeptical about taking glutathione pills... may end up with white hair as side effect.

I sweat for about 50 minutes everday on treadmill. It seems to be very effective for removing skin toxins and making everything more effective. Burns out face fat to make features more chisled. I have used proactive for about 6 months and it really made big difference on my face (clearing and bleaching effect).

Dunnno about N Acetyl Cysteine. What is it for?
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 24, 2009, 08:05 AM

Sandy2010,

I know that you are using a combination of products, but you are one of a very few set of people for whom meladerm HAS actually worked. I know for the majority, meladerm did nothing, including me.

Nov 24, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Sandy2010,

I know that you are using a combination of products, but you are one of a very few set of people for whom meladerm HAS actually worked. I know for the majority, meladerm did nothing, including me.
    Hi Maharani,

Meladerm was so effective for me, I ordered second set recently. My armpits were quite dark and in now they are almost body color. Same with hands. Just these two body parts made it worth the trouble :D. I went to indian gathering recently and found a few women staring at my face. Never happened before. Look all you want honey :rolleyes:.

I believe glowing face also depends on general health of body. I take low calorie fat free diet (mainly steamed broccoli, raw tomato, corn, whole grain, 100g protein). My weight and fat percentage is close to ideal.

Nov 24, 2009, 10:10 AM

Ahhhhh... A nice feeling to be admired from afar. Fair & Flawless did that for me, when it first came out. I have good skin already but it gave that glow you are talking about. I think the diet also helps. You are putting goodness in so you are bound to get goodness on the outside. And the exercise regime is the icing on the cake. I have had to stop going to the gym for several months due to family commitments and miss it like crazy. I need to lose some weight, not much, but it is so hard, when you are not as active as you used to be. I need some inspiration and you may just be it... LOL

Nov 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
    I have a mini gym at home. A treadmill, a steel rod with weights for bench pressing and a pair of dumbells (that's all you need for complete body workout). I just watch some news program or sitcom on TV on the treadmill. One hour goes so fast. I can do it any time of day... sometimes at midnight just before going to sleep :p. It has made my workouts easy to manage with full time job. Going to formal gym was much more chore... specially in Toronto winter.

Nov 24, 2009, 03:17 PM

Yeah, I used to be able to do an hour on the treadmill, but I needed music otherwise I just couldn't do it. Sweated like a pig, but that feeling when I hit 60 minutes was like running a marathon and winning. I loved it ! Haven't got any room on the ground floor in my house for a treadmill and I dare not think about putting it on any other floors as I know they weigh a tonne. Would be scared it would fall through the floor LOL. But yes I got out some weights and did a mini workout and hopefully I will try to keep it up each day.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Nov 24, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy2010 View Post
    Hi Maharani,

Meladerm was so effective for me, I ordered second set recently. .
    Set? How much is the set?

When I tried the cream complex last month, it was $100 for only 1.7 ounce. Finished so fast and didn't work.
    Must be that it can't work on its own, glutamine and Diana helped.
    What happened to the site? http://meladerm.com/ did not work last time I checked.
    Are they cutting the price in half like Fair & Flawless? Why, what happened?

Nov 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Set? How much is the set?

When I tried the cream complex last month, it was $100 for only 1.7 ounce. Finished so fast and didn't work.
    Must be that it can't work on its own, glutamine and Diana helped.
    What happened to the site? http://meladerm.com/ did not work last time I checked.
    Are they cutting the price in half like Fair & Flawless? Why, what happened?
    I had first ordered one 3.4 oz ($80). I was quite pleased with results so I ordered 2 more (this was before starting glutamine and Diana soap). This is the first time I have used skin lightening cream, so I found it effective. If you have more experience, you may have higher expectations :D. My other concern is safety. I have not heard of people getting messed up with Meladerm. Let it be slow... I have time. My current complexion is not bad :).
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:36 PM
    I never tried meladerm because I wasn't sure about it, but I like diana stalder papaya kojic soap. It's good that your combo s working well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy2010 View Post
    Not sure about exact science behind it but I remember reading L-glutamine helps with skin lightening. May be all it is doing is repairing my muscles after workout, which is not bad either :D. I am skeptical about taking glutathione pills... may end up with white hair as side effect.

Dunnno about N Acetyl Cysteine. What is it for?
    N Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is an altered form of the amino acid Cysteine, which also contains sulphure and used to help cleanse the body from mercury poisoning and can also possibly lighten due to helping the body to produce it's own glutathione. But, I also read that too much NAC can poison the body and can be fatal. So, I have been hesitant to try it because I do not know how much can lighten the skin and yet still be in the safe zone.

Glutathione is a tripeptide made up of 3 amino acids: Cystein, L-glutamic acid (glutamine is the amide of this, what your currently taking), and Glycine. These can help the body to produce it's own glutathione, since taking glutathione orally is inefective since it is broken down in the GI tract and poorly absorbed. But, I'm unsure about how much is needed if it will lighten the skin and still be safe. So, I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-che...what-it-is.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione
    Ulises Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 03:47 PM
    SkinBright and Meladerm are both topical skin lighteners designed to decrease or eliminate altogether the appearance of age, liver, and sun spots, melesma and cloasma, freckles, acne marks, old scars, birthmarks and hyperpigmentation. Both products have been successful in lightening the overall tone of the skin to which they have been applied, and both are useful for use with people of all races.

SkinBright and Meladerm have comparable features and ingredients. Both products use alpha arbutin, kojic acid and lemon juice extract, all of which help to lighten skin pigmentation. Neither products use previously popular but extremely harmful chemicals including hydroquinone, mercury, or paraben. Both products require 2-3 months to show efficacy, with positive results in as little as one or two weeks. A full course of use does not extend beyond 6 months. Neither product is tested on animals.

Users rave about both SkinBright and Meladerm. Both products have been incredibly useful in lightening or eliminating unsightly and embarrassing discoloration which had made the lives of some users previously painful, depressing, and, in some cases, despondent. Both products are hypoallergenic, but even so a very small percentage of the population can still have an allergic reaction to the product; seemingly the only source of negative feedback. Meladerm seems to be slightly less effective on lightening the effect of old but severe scaring. SkinBright seems to be more effective with the specifically epidermal pigmentation issues rather than with the full spectrum of hyper-pigmentation conditions. Meladerm is certainly the leader in the industry, having been part of the recent pioneering effort to discover a safe, natural skin lightening product, and having spent three years researching prior to the initial release of Meladerm in 2004. Both products oxidize when exposed to air and lose efficacy when exposed to light, but both products are stored in air-tight dispensers.

Both SkinBright and Meladerm are excellent, healthy products for the reduction or wholesale elimination of skin discoloration due to hyper-pigmentation. Barring a chance allergic reaction to one or another, Skinbright seems to have a slight edge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use Diana Stalder Glutathione soap and the black soap together? [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm trying to put a new regiment together for even but slightly lighter skin tone. This is what I have. Diana Stalder Glutathione soap Diana Stalder black soap Diana Stalder Kojic acid cream Glycolic cream 15% Moisturizer with SPF30

Diana Stalder - Black or Orange Soap [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Ive been doing some research on a few acne products and came across papaya soaps which eventually led me to Diana Stalder products... There 2 types of soaps that seem excellent to what I want to achieve, the orange and the black one.. so to the people who have been experimenting...

Meladerm or Gluta C cream with Glutathione Soap? [ 8 Answers ]

Please help people... I had hyperpigment problems on my face... and dark spots left from a burn I had from a acne treatment gel... it was just too strong for me... and I need your help... I've seen Meladerm cream... and it looks like a good one... since it says OK for sensative skin... and I also...

DIANA STALDER glutathione soap [ 19 Answers ]

OK you, Today I made my first step towards a whole new skin lightening quest... I JUST ORDERED THE GLUTATHIONE SOAP from diana stalder... im very excited but we shall see how it goes. As soon as I get it I am going to keep you updated as to the results. Hopefully it'll be good business, keep my...

Meladerm v Diana Stalder products [ 2 Answers ]

Which one works better?

View more questions Search