Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracikay7393 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Eviction summons hearing less than 24 hrs before hearing
    We received an eviction summons for tomorrow at 1:00 pm. For hearing. Don't they have to give us at least 24 hrs notice for hearing. Plus, we gave the landlord money and had an agreement to pay rest of rent, and he filed on us.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 05:04 PM

Show up at the hearing. Did you get a receipt for the money you already paid to the landlord? Take that with you. Tell the Judge about the agreement you have with the landlord to pay the rest later. You MAY be able to avoid eviction by showing up and telling your story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction for Non Payment of Rent after determination of rent hearing [ 2 Answers ]

A Eviction for Non Payment of Rent is in process and a determination of rent hearing has already been heard in the State of Florida. The Judge order the tenants to pay rent due within 24 hours. If tenants pay the court ordered amount, how much longer do the tenants get to stay in the house?

Going to a hearing [ 1 Answers ]

Doesn't USC 18(a)(c) deal with drug trafficking, computer use? What are you asking?

50-B Hearing in One Day [ 3 Answers ]

I took out a 50-B on my soon to be ex-husband and an assault charge. Our court date is in one day and he has hired one of the most powerful attorneys in our town. I do have an attorney as well. His lawyer called me last week and wanted to speak with my lawyer (so we do not have to go to court). If...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

View more questions Search