Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SimplyTK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 02:48 PM
    What could be causing the RPM in my car to be bouncing around when accelerating?
    It is not a steady increase. It's bounces from 3 to 8 and all over in between

It's a '92 Honda Accord LX
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 03:20 PM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) inside the distributor. The BLU wire from the ICM goes directly to the tachometer. Classic sign the ICM is failing. Here's how to replace it yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    Imacrown Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 01:54 AM
    Check the antifreeze hondas do that when the antifreez goes down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Rpm motor out of range [ 3 Answers ]

Have a carrier weather master and am getting the error message that my rpm motor is out of range.. the heater works if I have it set in emergency mode..

Accelerating Bodies velocity [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to have 0velocity in an accelerating body? If yes please explain:confused:!

1996 Honda Passprot not accelerating right [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Honda passport and it’s been running pretty good up until about a month ago. When I accelerate it seem like it not getting enough gas and it does not want to go pass 30 MPH press all the way down on the accelerator it does not go as fast as it should. I gave it a tune up change the...

Honda Accord 1986 stalling when accelerating [ 1 Answers ]

3 Door EX, carburetted model. 1800cc 12v, ET1 engine. Car stalls at red lights and going uphill. If I keep it in 2nd point of choke then it will not stall but RPMs at neutral etc will be sky high. I have 1) used a fuel cleaner. No effect 2) cleaned and refitted carburettor. No effect...

View more questions Search