Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Laparoscopy on my ovaries
    So... my OB/GYN is working right now to have me scheduled for a laparoscopy on the cysts on my ovaries for next Tuesday---apparently the latest ultrasound is NOT good, and there are waaaay too many cysts on my ovaries, and at least one is large enough to be concerning.

Anyway... I've briefly talked to my doctor about this, and will be going in for a pre-op appointment next Monday, where I'm sure I will get a bunch more information.

HOWEVER---I don't want to go for a long weekend this weekend scared about this whole thing.

Anyone been through this? Can anyone give me some insight on what to expect after the surgery?
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Nov 23, 2009, 11:00 PM

I've been through it too many times. You are sore from it. But not to bad. One though is they fill your belly gas and when its over your body has to get rid of the left in gas. Some people say their shoulders hurt it must be the way you are laying on the table when they work on you. You'll be fine. Hurt some yes, but not too bad. Probably 2 days and you'll feel much better. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HSG and Laparoscopy, what's is all like? [ 3 Answers ]

We have been been having unprotected sex for 7 years now, and have never got pregnant. I am in no rush to have kids, but my GP sent me to get further tests done. Since then its suspected that it is most likely a problem occurring from having chlamydia years ago. To investigate further they...

Trying to get pregnant, ovaries are hurting [ 1 Answers ]

I wrote on her the other day that I was trying to get pregnant. I'm suppose to have my period on the 1 but I'm sometimes late 3 to 4 days. Today I look a test and was negative. My ovaries are hurting really bad on one side. Like I don't want to move. I know I've already ovulated this month or have...

Getting ovaries checked out [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I got my blood results back on Saturday and of course it was negative, I had gotten my period a couple days before my appointment, although this cycle was a very short one. My period lasted exactly 4 days, which has never happened before, normally it would b 5-6 days. Anyway, I told my doctor...

View more questions Search