Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhonda3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Tub facet
    We brought our house Aug. it is 2 yrs old . The extra bath tub hot water does not work but the sink hot water works not sure what to do? :confused: Rhonda

Nov 9, 2006, 06:30 PM
    We got our house in Aug. it is 2 years old. The extra bath tub water will not get hot not even warm but the sink gets hot:confused: not sure what to do ? I have taken the ring around the handle off and tried to pull on the handle to see if it will go any further but I am scared that I will brake it Rhonda
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda3
    We got our house in Aug. it is 2 years old. The extra bath tub water will not get hot not even warm but the sink gets hot:confused: not sure what to do ? I have taken the ring around the handle off and tried to pull on the handle to see if it will go any further but I am scared that I will brake it Rhonda
    Do you have any idea what brand of faucet you have in the tub? Has the water ever gotten hot in that tub? Is the faucet a temperature controlled faucet? Is the water coming out of the faucet, when you have it on hot, a full stream of water or is it not much pressure.

Nov 10, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Do you have any idea what brand of faucet you have in the tub?. Has the water ever gotten hot in that tub? Is the faucet a temperature controlled faucet? Is the water coming out of the faucet, when you have it on hot, a full stream of water or is it not much pressure.?
    It is a Delta brand . I am not sure about how long it has not been working we moved here in Aug. so we did not need hot water then. Temperature is controlled by gas and I have pressure.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Since you did not need hot water in August you do not know if it ever had hot water even before you moved in, therefore it may be a chore to find out what the problem might be. Does this bath tub happen to be close to the clothes washer? Even in another room? The reason I was is because sometimes the water valve on the washing machine goes bad and when you try to run hot water into the bathtub instead of getting hot water you get cold water that is going through the washing machine valve. Just for a test turn off one of the faucets behind the washing machine. Then try to run some hot water in the bathtub. If you do get hot water that means that the water valve on the washing machine needs to be replaced, or you can turn off one of the valves each time you want to use the bathtub.

Remember this answer is just an idea that I come to because of last experiences, it does not mean that this will fix your problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 11, 2006, 06:50 AM
    If Letmetellu's advice don't work I've put up a image to help you. Most Delta tub faucets have the same basic innards so this might be a little different but the basic design's the same. Turn off the water and open up the valve down past the ball (6)assembly. Remove the ball and the seats and springs (7). Clear any trash you may find in the valve body (8). Now turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush the supplies out. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom

Nov 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Since you did not need hot water in August you do not know if it ever had hot water even before you moved in, therefore it may be a chore to find out what the problem might be. Does this bath tub happen to be close to the clothes washer?? even in another room? The reason I was is because sometimes the water valve on the washing machine goes bad and when you try to run hot water into the bathtub instead of getting hot water you get cold water that is going through the washing machine valve. Just for a test turn off one of the faucets behind the washing machine. Then try to run some hot water in the bathtub. If you do get hot water that means that the water valve on the washing machine needs to be replaced, or you can turn off one of the valves each time you want to use the bathtub.

Remember this answer is just an idea that I come to because of last experiences, it does not mean that this will fix your problem.
    We tried the wash room idea that's not it . How do you get the handle off ?
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2006, 01:07 PM
    How do you get the handle off ?

Does the image I put up have a handle like the one you have? If not describe it. Regads, Tom

Nov 12, 2006, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    How do you get the handle off ?

Does the image I put up have a handle like the one you have? If not describe it. Regads, Tom
    yes the handle is the same
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Check out # 2 under the handle. I think this is a Allen head screw. If you're going to tear into the valve, don't forget to shut the water off. Regards, Tom

Nov 12, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Check out # 2 under the handle. I think this is a Allen head screw. If you're gonna tear into the valve, don't forget to shut the water off. Regards, Tom
    Thank you for your help it is fixed. The builder did not adjust the knob right. Thank you Rhonda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Tub surround [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im redoing a bathroom and replacing the tub surround. The wall behind only has greenboard about 3 ft up from the tub and some of the paper came off when I took the old surround out. Do I need to cut out the dry wall and greenboard out where I put in the new surrond? Thanks

Washer tub [ 2 Answers ]

I recently put in a new sink for my washing machine and thought I hooked everything up all right but the grey pipe with the little small white thing on it going from my hot water tap to the hot water pipe is leaking as well is the cold am I missing something or am I supposed to glue them together....

Tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub & would like to minimize the size of cuts required in the subfloors where possible. Can I get an extender to lower the drain tub from the tub to eliminate cutting the entire space from the drain to the overflow tube? This would only require an extension of...

View more questions Search