Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BARF Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2009, 09:55 AM
    When is a good time to reconfirm with my guests?
    I've already informed them about the party ages ago so they know its going on. Just yesterday I sent them individual text invites but out of the whole lot, only a few replied. Some of those who didn't, said they're coming when I asked them later though. Its very confusing. My party is in 7 days time. When should I call to ask if they're coming or not?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 10:57 AM

On the orginial invititation, did you ask for RSVP's?

If you wanted - you could send another text specifically asking for replies as to if they are coming or not. Really, if your party is 7 days from now - you should have the guest list confirmed and done now.
    BARF Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Yes, I did. 55 people confirmed yes but some of these people weren't really confirmed.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 11:15 AM

Wow, 55 people - that's a big party.

I am curious - how many people have you NOT heard from?

Calling people puts them on the spot and could cause an uncomfortable situation - so could you utilize email? Just letting people know you need a final head count? And just send it to the people who haven't RSVP'd.

If you don't hear from anyone - assume they aren't coming. Always have extras of everything just in case - it's always better to have too much than not enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is she gone for good this time? [ 7 Answers ]

This may get a little long, because I want to make sure you (the answerer) have a good understanding of the situation. My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 5 years. As is usually the case, things were perfect in the beginning. We couldn't get enough of each other. We spent every...

Kill time and do good [ 5 Answers ]

Previously posted in "Humor" FreeRice

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

Good time to build [ 2 Answers ]

With the economic slowdown and pending recession looming, are building materials on the rise (inflationary) or on the decrease? We are building a new home, but didn't know if we should wait or if now would actually be a good time to build.

View more questions Search