Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Abused by their own

"Beaten and abused, but what if the bully is your own child? Many parents are living in fear of their children, but are too ashamed to ask for help, says a leading British charity. Why?"

BBC News - Abused by their own children

I see this happening in my own community in a smaller scale, but some kids really do abuse their parents emotionally and some even physically.
    Who is to blame, did the parents help their own kids become tyrants?
    Is this happening where you are?

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    did the parents help their own kids become tyrants?
    Emphatic YES! Children aren't predisposed to bully their parents, they learned that trait, either through imitating what they have seen at home or acting out from a sense of desperation.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 09:57 AM

I agree Need.

I think parents give in to child's every whim without any moderation and end up being abused by the kids themselves.
    Parental methods of upbringing their children is to be questioned.

I have also noticed that the more rights children have legally, the less parental rights matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abused dog [ 7 Answers ]

We just got a 5 month old aus cattle dog from a person who has keppt her and 2 sisters in a 3 by 3 pen all their lives they were laying in their own feces and urine when we took her. She is so skittish it is hard to get her to come to us and we have to carry her outside. My hoa does not allow...

Am I being abused? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married for 7yrs now, no kids and we live with my parents. We have gone through many ups and downs together and we are in our early thirties and still argue about the same things we did when we were first together... I was fat when my husband married me and I still am with an extra...

The ex used and abused. Now what to do? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys! Is anyone struggling with the WAY post break up/ my ex has come back and used/abused me again? Here's some background 3 year high school relationship Dumped me in late nov 2008 Got new girlfriend EARLY dec 2008 Went nc and deleted him May 2009 - think I'm over it so we slowly...

I'm being abused [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being abused by my mom since ever. I don't noe what is wrong with her but whenever I'm home she'll come up to me and hit, choke, pull me.. for no IN reason. My mom's name is phoua and she thinks she could control my life.. and every time after school I never want to come home and everyday I...

Like being abused [ 8 Answers ]

Yea so I'm trying to figure out why I like when my girlfriend hits me and hurts me both physically and mentally like calling me names like insulting me and I don't know its just hot to me and she wants to know why but I don't know either just wondering I anyone has some helpful suggestions

View more questions Search