Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mxpx45 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 05:27 PM
    How to get over someone when your forced to be alone
    Ok so I just found out that my girlfriend is cheating on me? How? She called on accident and I heard "YEAH"

Anyway I am OK during the day when I sleep and am with people but I work nights as a security guard alone and I was just needing some advice to get through the night while being forced to be alone. Here is what I have tried and this was before I knew she was cheating (I thought she just needed time because of her period, that's what she said)

1.) Playing video games on my NDS. I even purchased some new games
    2.) Browsing the internet
    3.) Whatching Movies

None of those really worked and that was BEFORE I knew she was cheating. Anyway any other things to try? I can't take off, I have to give 24 hrs notice. Tomorrow night I am going caveing with friends
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 09:49 PM
    I know it might be hard at night time but something a little more active might help as well.

Some physical activity.

Exercise is important at the best of time but I have found it to be a great way to help me get over my ex.

I feel completely relaxed when I'm alone and exercising. Other than that I am not completely comfortable with being alone.

Exercise releases positive energy in the brain.

So try that!

And also eat well!

Nov 9, 2006, 09:56 PM
    Ha yeah eating well didn't happen today.. 2 moonpies, thing of fries, and an egg sandwich but Exerciseing may help. I don't think I have any weights or anything with me but I can possibly find something or maybe run around the building.

Luckly tonight is my last night for a few days. I am hopeing a weekend caving with friends will help a lot
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Nov 9, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Agree with Skell, physical exercise is good during your time off.

At work, try observation exercises: how many people you see wearing hats, how many different shades of each colour you can notice (pale blue, navy, aquamarine etc). Memory games: like recalling lyrics to songs. Bring a walkman, turn on a radio station and when you hear a song, turn down the volume and try to finish the words yourself. This stuff sounds ludicrous, but basically, you're finding ways to busy your brain by stimulating it. Puzzles, crosswords in newspapers are good too. Some of the papers over here have riddles or word puzzles in them every day, and it's a great way to keep your mind occupied for a few hours! Plus the ritual means you get to see the answers every day,and try another one.

On your days off, have fun. Ice-cream, walks, simple stuff. Meet up with all the old friends you didn't have enough time to see when you were with your ex. And find new hangouts. Good luck!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 10:00 PM
    Forced to be alone, come on. Everybody has a different path in life. Some people come into our life and some people go. It is part of life and a learning lesson and life experience most people go through. To say you were forced. Not really. You have a choice to play video games and lounge around home or start going out and hang out with friends , etc...

Nov 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
    No I work nights as a security guard and I sit alone in a gate house. All my friends are asleep and I am fine in the day

Nov 9, 2006, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles
    Agree with Skell, physical exercise is good during your time off.

At work, try observation exercises: how many people you see wearing hats, how many different shades of each colour you can notice (pale blue, navy, aquamarine etc). Memory games: like recalling lyrics to songs. Bring a walkman, turn on a radio station and when you hear a song, turn down the volume and try to finish the words yourself. This stuff sounds ludicrous, but basically, you're finding ways to busy your brain by stimulating it. Puzzles, crosswords in newspapers are good too. Some of the papers over here have riddles or word puzzles in them every day, and it's a great way to keep your mind occupied for a few hours! Plus the ritual means you get to see the answers every day,and try another one.

On your days off, have fun. Ice-cream, walks, simple stuff. Meet up with all the old friends you didn't have enough time to see when you were with your ex. And find new hangouts. Good luck!

BRAIN AGE!! I have it here for my ds. That may work for a while! Thanks
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

Apr 15, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mxpx45
    Ok so I just found out that my girlfriend is cheating on me? How? She called on accident and i heard "YEAH"

anyways i am ok during the day when i sleep and am with ppl but i work nights as a security guard alone and i was just needing some advice to get through the night while being forced to be alone. here is what i have tried and this was before i knew she was cheating (I thought she just needed time because of her period, thats what she said)

1.) Playing video games on my NDS. I even purchased some new games
    2.) Browsing the internet
    3.) Whatching Movies

None of those really worked and that was BEFORE i knew she was cheating. Anyways any other things to try? I can't take off, I have to give 24 hrs notice. Tomorrow night i am going caveing with friends
    I know this won't help I just wanted to say how I wish for a faithful guy I don't understand how anyone can break a bond of trust. Yup happened to me 8 yrs down the tubes. What about internet CHATTING? Can you do that at work? Jaxie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

;) Gas forced air heating, I like to know if there is a way to change the temperature difference between stop and start, for example instead of 68-start and 73 stop change too 70 start and 73 stop ,

Forced air heater [ 1 Answers ]

Blows 3 amp fuse. After fuse blows fan comes on. Ignitor works prior to fuse blowing but no gas. One resistor on board appears to have black mark.

No forced air out of a duct in bedroom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in an old farmhouse, renovated over the years by various people. We are new to the house. Our forced hot air system works great in all the bedrooms and rooms except our 2nd floor bedroom(this is the master bedroom). We get no air out of our vent. I checked in the basement for...

View more questions Search