Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannongirl85 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 01:03 AM
    Wisdom Teeth
    I had four wisdom teeth out on the 13th. I was given an antibiotic because I had a small infection where one of my bottom tooth was. It is finally starting to get better but still hurts to touch and throbs sometimes. My main problem is since I got them pulled, I developed white patches on my throat, near my bottom wisdom teeth and the roof of my mouth? I just got put on another antibiotic... any idea why this is happening? It is extremely painful:(
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 05:27 AM
    It sounds like a strep infection. Could be coincidence. There is a lot of stuff (flus, etc.) going around right now. Remember though, while you are taking antibiotics birth control pills aren't effective and you need to use alternate methods of birth control while you are taking them. (This is just FYI, I am not assuming anything!)
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Nov 24, 2009, 05:48 PM

Antibiotics can cause an oral fungal infection (aka thrush, candida) by killing all other bacteria in your mouth and allowing the yeast to flourish... go back to your dentist, and eat lots of yogurt!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

I will soon be getting my wisdom teeth removed and I am assuming that they will put me fully under. I have never experienced this before and with the new movie out (Awake - where the man is mentally awake during his entire surgery and can feel all the pain) I am just a little curious I guess as to...

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search