Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 22, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Novocaine=nerve damage now?
    Two days ago I had a cavity filled, and I think the dentist had to do a couple of extra shots of novocaine?. Because I was still feeling it.

Well, as soon as I walked out of the dentist, when I would speak, the right side of my upper lip just stayed in place and only the left side could move. When I look in the mirror, it's like the right side of my lip (where the injection was, in my gums on that side) just stays in place while I speak and/or smile. It's been two days and it's still this way! I look like a freak! :mad::( I have a crooked smile now because it seems I can't even get the right side of my lip to move and there is pain on the right side of my face.

I thought this stuff was supposed to wear off in a few hours, not a few days!

Do you think this is nerve damage or will it wear off soon? Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks for any help!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Vicky,
    Go back to your dentist NOW. Make sure he is aware of this. Do you have any feeling in your lip, is it numb as well as droopy? Were the fillings done on lower teeth? If so, there is a possibility that the injection hit the wrong spot and the dentist needs to be aware of this. If this happened, you may have this feeling for a few months but it needs to be checked regularly and should be done so with no charge to you!
    saribird121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 02:23 PM
    I had just had the same thing happen and I'm freaking out, my smile is so crooked, it looks like I had a stroke!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent inguinal nerve damage [ 1 Answers ]

Injured with the military and got permanent inguinal nerve damage. The pain is unbearable and pain meds are not working. Don't know where to turn for answers. Many doctors give different opinions. Working 4 hours a day and almost impossible to be on my feet that long. Received 10% disability...

Nerve damage at T-12 [ 2 Answers ]

After many test for left abdominal pain for the past 18month,I was refaired to pain management clinic,within a short time the doctor told me that the pain is not due to abdominal pain but due to the nerve at T-12, he has given me oxycontin amitriptiline and a tens machine,the pain is reduced but...

Bowel nerve damage in dogs after car crash. [ 4 Answers ]

My question is should it be a concern that my dog hasn't had a stool since she got hit by a car four days ago. She has broken left femur, fractured pelvis and dislocated left hip. She had surgery on the hip to put into place. Is urinating. Not eating. Drinking. On pain meds and antibiotics. She...

View more questions Search