Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chefnate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Can I get out of a lease if my job requires me to move
    Hello,
    Can anyone tell me how I can get out of a lease (in Ohio) if my employment causes me to move out of the area.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Hello chef:

Nope. Sorry. See if your lease allows you to sublet. Your landlord is required to rent the premises as soon as possible to mitigate your losses, however. Let's hope he does.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
    It is very easy, you call up your landlord and negotiate a sum of money to buy out your contract. Some landlords will hold you to the contract details others may let you out because you are moving.

If you have been a good tenant and lived there a while, always on time, a lot of landlords will actually be nice and work with you.

Call them up and talk to them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease in NJ due to job required move [ 15 Answers ]

I started a lease in Hackensack, NJ in May 2006. My job then required me to move to MD in August 2006. The lease had no cancellation clause and I am required to continue paying rent until the apartment is re-rented (a re-rental fee was required) or until my lease runs out. Is there a provision...

1099-MISC income requires schedule C-EZ [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 status through 2005. I worked till April as an independent contractor at my company and have an 1099-MISC for that period. Later, I was employed full time and have the corresponding W-2 form. I used an automated tax preparation software (Cintax) provided by my university to...

I've terminated a lease but roommate refuses to move out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a roommate which I've given a 30 day notice in writing to terminate the lease agreement (I've posted on the door and had a witness sign it who viewed me posting it to the front of the door since the roommate and I don't get along and my fiancé an I want to live alone and start a family. ...

New Job! [ 12 Answers ]

As a result, I attended 4 Interviews last Thursday and out of 4 there was 1 I really wanted. Guess what the job I really wanted, is the job I have been offered! - they have matched my slary - the company has great career prospects for me and I am really happy. I have handed in my resignation...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search