Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antboggie1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Nordyne blower motor will not start with a call to heat when set on auto.
    I have a nordyne eletric furnace , my blower motor will not start when set on auto with a call to heat. The elements will heat up but the motor will make humming sound and will start if I push wheel with my hand.I have checked the motor it is fine .
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 09:06 AM

Does it start and run with the fan set to on?

Nov 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Yes
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by antboggie1 View Post
    The motor will make humming sound and will start if i push wheel with my hand. I have checked the motor it is fine .
    Umm, sounds like you just checked the motor and it isn't fine at all... the run capacitor may be the culprit. Does the motor become overheated (too hot to touch - use care) when operated for a while?

Nov 22, 2009, 12:23 PM

No ,motor not over heating at all
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 12:31 PM
    If the motor runs with a push, it is being powered. Turn off power to unit, and check electrical connections to motor and capacitor. If good, capacitor check and/or replacement would be the most economical next step.

Nov 22, 2009, 12:31 PM

Post of the capacitor is rusted due to water from the ac leaking on it,could this be the problem ?
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Definitely. Clean up connection as much as possible, see if blower will start on its own.

Nov 22, 2009, 12:37 PM

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne Heat Furnace Blower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne heater in a 1996 mobile home. My A.C. works normal. I can also switch the blower to ventilate and it works normal. But, when I switch the thermostat to heat. The blower will not come on. I can see the furnace heating up, but that it. According to the diagram, this unit does...

T-start fan on/furnace blower on, AC w/fan on/auto, blower off [ 8 Answers ]

If no cool or heat, just fan on, there has blower start in furnace; While in air conditioner, regardless fan on or auto, there will be no indoor blower on at all; While outside condenser and its fan seems fine. I lready jump wires G, RC and Y in T-start, won't see any difference. By the...

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

Blower won't come on in auto with heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have changed the really for the blower and still blower won't come on in auto. Does anyone know what else could be wrong and where I can get a wiring diagram for this unit?

Blower won't run in auto for heat with oil furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace. A/C works fine. Heat last season worked fine. Started up furnace this year just fine. But blower would not start on auto. The blower will run in heat mode when set to On. I replaced the Limit Switch in the Plenum. No change.

View more questions Search