Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miacanda Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Opinions required for computing ethical issue assessment
    I am writing a report on Professional and Ethical issues and need to research public opinion on the following statement.

“Medical doctors should be able to access and exchange whatever computerised information they need about their patients – with or without their patient’s permission.”

I am looking for opinions either for or against this statement with permission to use the information provided to complete the findings of the report.

I'd appreciate your assistence.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 3, 2011, 12:53 PM

Nondisclosure of medical information without a patients consent is against the law therefor unethical. Is there a situation where it may be morally right to not follow this law? Sure that is the case with every law. Work to change laws that do not work as intended, making the issue seem ambiguous, or trying to make it a hot-button topic without a plan to work for change is a lot of the problem our culture has with ethics, morality and the law.
    This is a good law that has done a lot to protect the people the try to rationalize it it is OK to ignore it in the name of expediency is a disservice to the people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opinions required for ethical issue assessment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks I posted this same thread yesturday but it appears to have disappeared. I am compiling a report on professional and ethical issues for a 3rd year uni assessment and have to research public opinion regarding the following statement. “Medical doctors should be able to access and...

Ethical Issue [ 2 Answers ]

On a recent trip to Africa, J.T. Brown, sales manager of Prompt Technology, took his wife along at company expense. Linda White, vice president of sales and Brown's boss, though this travel and entertainment expenses seemed excessive. But White approved the reimbursement because she owed Brown a...

Ethical Issue [ 3 Answers ]

The net income of Steinbach & Sons, a department store, decreased sharply during 2007. Mort Steinbach, owner of the store, anticipates the need for a bank loan in 2008. Late in 2007, Steinbach instructs the store's accountant to record a $2,000 sale of furniture to the Steinbach family, even...

Ethical issue 2 [ 4 Answers ]

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS Victoria British Auto Parts is having a bad year. Net income is only $37,000. Also, tow important overseas customers are falling behind in their payments to Victoria, and Victoria’s accounts receivable are ballooning. The company desperately needs a loan. The Victoria board of...

Ethical issue [ 2 Answers ]

CAN ANYONE HELP? Python.com owes $6 million on notes payable that will come due for payment in $6 million on notes payable that will come due for payment in $1.5 million annual installments. The company has used its cash to advertise heavily in the competitive dotcom business environment. The...

View more questions Search