Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcalkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Gardenway Plastic Housing Erosion / Hole
    My 15 year old Gardenway 4 HP (Techumseh) Mdl 47031 has plastic impeller housing. The housing has been eroded from the inside due to the abrasion of leaves, etc. I have tried to temporally patch the hole with (suprise) duct tape and I have tried a more permanent repair w/ 2 part epoxy. Nothing worked.

How can I make a permant repair?

Thanks.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 07:21 AM

Hi,
    I would say that it is not considered a repairable part, but rather a replacement option. Below is a link the parts breakdowns of most of the 1994 models.
    MTD Shredder Illustrated Parts | ManualsOnline
    Peace,
    Clarke
    gcalkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 09:47 AM

Thank you.

I may try one more repair before I replace the housing... or, more likely, the whole machine.

I will look at riveting a piece of aluminum over the hole w/ a silicon bead as a sealant. What the heck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hole in underground sprinkler plastic tubing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a do it yourself CIL sprinkler system. I've trenched it all out and placed all the plastic tubing into the ground. Turned it on and the water pressure was poor. Upon investigating I found a small gouge in the tubing, approx the size of a pencil tip. Looking for suggestions on how to...

Broken plastic housing to Helix II light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

First time question asker! A few days ago, I broke a gray plastic piece that helps hold the light bulb to the light fixture. After spending an hour Googling for the part, I give up. This fan is a Harbor Breeze fan (from Lowe's) called a Helix II. Does anyone know where to search for specific...

Fixing a hole in the plastic shower stall wall [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I've got a hole in a shower stall wall that appears to have come from nowhere, other than the normal washing and maintenance of the wall with a wash cloth. Need to know what kind of filler and sealant to put in the hole to make sure that the hole is filled with a...

View more questions Search