Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ezubia09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 03:46 AM
    Gift of reading minds
    Hey, so I think I have a gift but I'm not quite sure what it is... I find myself being able to adapt to other peoples minds and see what they see... you sounds stupid. But honestly I read them and I jump into their head and environment so I know how they perceive things. It happens w/o me realizing it. Im worried as to why I have this ability and I'm wanting to find out exactly what it is. Someone help? I'm almost convinced that its "discernment of spirits" but I'm looking for a second opinion
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 22, 2009, 03:54 AM

Reading peoples minds and having empathy are two different things.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 12:45 PM

Yes, this is far from "reading minds" and often it is something that many good salespeople or couselors learn from proper listening and reading various things about others.

And no discernment of spirits has to with a voice that will tell you if the other person has evil spirits motivating them or if something like other gifts of the spirit are true or not
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Hi, ezubia09!

In what particular instances have these things happened where you think you have this ability, please?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2009, 12:58 PM

I agree that more than likely you are feeling what they are feeling and empathizing with them. Unless you can say word for word what they are thinking before they say it and it isn't just knowing that it is logically what they are going to say next then I don't think it is reading minds.
    It can be discerning spirits in a sense if you are right on target about their character.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need some creative minds for a homecoming theme! [ 4 Answers ]

So, every year at school during homecoming, each class decorates their hallways based on one part of a theme the school picks. For instance, we did holidays last year, and the juniors did Christmas. Since I'm a senior this year, I'd like to present a good idea (don't worry, I won't take...

Inquiring minds want to know [ 3 Answers ]

How should I treat my boyfriend?

Changing minds [ 5 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend has changed his mind many times on wanting something to do with my unborn child. I am sure he is the father, but we have broken up and I do not want anything to do with him. I find him to be very immature, he has anger issues, maturity issues, and alcohol issues. The worst of it...

A melding of minds and hearts [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am in love with a man who claims that the highest expression of love is a sort of spiritual meshing. Hmmm... how do I explain that better? My boyfriend is very much into spirituality. He has told me that in the past that he was able to leave his body and meld with two of his past...

View more questions Search