Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady01686 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Sexual Accusations
    Hi...
    I have been working in a well known retail company for about a year and a half now worked my way up in my department and thought I was well respected by my fellow co workers as well as management then I come to find out that people have been spreading rumors that Ive slept with multiple guys in the store... I would say maybe 6 or 7... I haven't slept with any one in the store... so my problem is that 2 of the people who spread these rumors are very high in position in my store, one is a manager the other is the hiring coordinator and they both told people they SAW me having sex in the parking lot which never happened! I've spoken to another manager about it and nothing really got done, now I know this would be considered sexual harassment I just do not want to get HR involved I've tried to let it go but this list of guys I've "slept" with keeps getting longer and longer I'm offended, I have a boyfriend and, the fact that a manager says he saw me sleeping with someone in the parking lot means the rest of management believes it as well, so either way I'm screwed because of course the other managers are going to believe the manager who said that, so I don't really know what to do now, all of the managers are men including the one I spoke to about this initially, there is one female manager who I am considering talking to about this because hopefully she will understand better, but I almost feel like its hopeless to because she's probably just going to believe what's being said about me by the other employees and managers... I love working at my job, aside from this issue I have so much fun there and enjoy it very much but I feel like if this doesn't stop I have to quit I cannot work in a place where people think I'm just sleeping with any guy that comes in... I don't know how to handle this situation... if any one has any advice pleaseee help!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 11:38 PM

HR is where you must go immediately! If you don't do something asap, these rumors will follow you the rest of your worklife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor making accusations [ 18 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that keeps making false accusations about me. It all started back in February when she sent an email to my husband informing him that I threaten her and her children, have been witnessed vandalizing her car, and parents and staff at our children's school have witnessed me...

How to handle false accusations? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. I am new here. I like this site so far. My name is actlikemywife because that is my husbands saying as I act inappropriately according to him. I do love him, but never can fix him. Here's why: I have tried everything from reassurance to hysteria to counselling to separation to...

Wrongful accusations [ 19 Answers ]

The vice principals at my son's school are interviewing other students to find out if my son is selling marijuana to other students. My son is denying that he sells or uses drugs. They found nothing on my son, but found drugs on the other kids. I gave my son a drug test which came out negative. I...

Wrongful accusations [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I had a very bad arguments, and 3 years ago he was charged for assaulting me, and then we got back together and things were going very smooth and he had a good job and very happy,, and on Jan 2008, he drank so much and started to argu and insulted my family... I asked him to...

View more questions Search