Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AznDude09 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
    How to cancel in shape In-shape contract?
    Hi I signed up for a 3-year contract. The monthly payments are pretty pricey. And the gym isn't even open 24-hours. It has already passed 3 days and I told them I wanted to cancel my contract. They told me of only two things that can make that happen which is moving 25 miles away or death. Even if I were to move what would be good proof. If I say I move to my brothers house can I just show copies of his bills? There has to be another way to cancel that they are not telling me. I need help! :mad:Its not even worth paying what I am. There are plenty of other gyms with lower prices. Please anyone. HELP!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 03:41 PM

It isn't good business practice. Report them to the Better Business Bureau. You should have shopped before you bought. You must have had a really high powered sales person. Do they have your post dated cheques, or you Preauthorized Payment cheque for payments ?

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2009, 04:57 PM

This is why you read contracts and make sure you understand them BEFORE you sign.

You need to read the contract carefully. There will be a clause about cancellation that spells out what
    Conditions you can use to cancel.

Gyms often have have such heavy handed, ironclad contracts. But sometimes you can transfer the contract to someone else.

As for proof of moving, you will need to show bills in your name or ID with the new address.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AznDude09 View Post
    HThere has to be another way to cancel that they are not telling me.
    Hello Dude:

No there isn't.. That's why they're called contracts.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 05:49 PM

I am sorry, most gyms have fairly iron clad contracts. And most will sue you in court if you don't pay them and they will ruin your credit report

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fat and need to get in shape [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 6'1" 230 lbs smoke, drink, and don't eat great. I need to get into shape. Any details about where to start. I can't really run very far as you might expect. Specifics would be great. Thanks!!

How to get in shape [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying so hard to get in shape I just got a membership at 24 hour fitness... and also I've been running around the block at least twice a weed I lost like 40 pounds last year... but I'm just still in really bad shape my question is how long will it take to get in shape ? I weigh one thirty now...

Need to get into a shape [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, u can call me Willy. See guys, this is kind of embarassin but I hope you guys will make me feel comfortable and help me out here. I kind of have a shape problem here.. well I'm 18, I'm 5ft 4 inches, I'm slim and an ordinary looking girl my weight is 42.5kg. But I have a problem that is my...

View more questions Search