Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric lewis Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Training and on parole
    In jan. I will be going through a 8 week cdl training in a tech. college but the thing I'm on parole can I get a job driving otr??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 03:00 PM

I would say NO, but it will be up to your parole officer to give you permission in writing. At this point you most likely can not leave the state without permission, so he will have to OK it, and you will have to make arrangements to come back for any PO meetings.

But I will be honest and a little tough, the trucking industry has been laying off a lot. If you were saying you had no record, had a perfect driving record and five years OTR experience I would say it would still be hard to even find a job with any better company.

Dec 26, 2009, 09:27 PM

It won't be no problem with my parole officer just the thing is getting a job anywhere.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Hi, eric lewis!

What is the crime that you're on parole for, please?

Due to insurance reasons, it's really hard for someone who has a record to get a job as a truck driver.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2009, 11:23 AM

My charge is burgarly and I start school jan.4 it's a eight week course
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 11:58 AM

Hello eric:

The problem you're going to have is insurance, as was said before... I don't know what the value of the cargo you'll be hauling is... But, with a conviction for burglary, and on parole, I don't think anybody will insure you.

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Hi again, eric lewis!

Sure, take the course. Also, you might want to consider taking whatever tests might be available at a temp agnency.

Your likelihood of getting a job driving isn't good, but you can try. Time since the commission of a crime does come into play here...

But, I would strongly suggest that you explore any other sort of options that are available for getting a job.

Also, around where I live and in the Chicago, IL area, there's what's called the Safer Foundation. They help people who've been convicted of crimes to find employment.

If you contact them, they might be able to put you in touch with a similar agency where you're located.

Here is the link for them.

Home - Safer Foundation

I wish and hope only the best for you!

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2010, 02:30 PM

I finish the 8wks cdl training and I been turn down through many trucking company I truly need help getting a job,I will travel anywhere.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Did you contact the Safer Foundation yet?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 09:38 PM
    No experience in this area directly, tho' I know of a few people who do placement work, and a few who are just starting to pull in a new program locally... but it isn't implemented...

I hate answers that are search and paste... but I'm going to do it... might not get you the commercial driving work you want, but maybe it''l give you some resources to follow up with

H.I.R.E. Resources and Assistance

Click on the state and scroll down to

VII local service providers...

Sorry you're struggling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting off parole [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any chance of getting off parole early? I have been on parole for multiple (3) DWI offences since getting out in 2004 after serving 2 years in prison. What are the chances of being dismissed before my 2009 date? I have had no violations and have been clean since that time. This is in...

Truck driving job training for ex felons on parole [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a single parent of 4 .I have an backround that I'm not proud of .I trying my hardest to prove to society that I'm not the person my backround reflects.Im trustworthy my incaration consist of selling drugs only trying to feed my family,all I need is a chance.

DUI on parole [ 1 Answers ]

What if you got a dui on parole? But you have been out for almost year?

On parole [ 1 Answers ]

I have a niece who is on parole in California. She is looking for a fresh start in life and I am willing to help her. Is it possible to get her to live with me in another state? What can someone do to help someone in this position? Who can I write to or request to make this happen. She just truned...

Parole DUI [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I'm on parole so the judge no longer has jurisdiction. I'm just wondering if it's up to my PO whether to violate me or not

View more questions Search