Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    primetouch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Asked to bid new house
    Been painting about 1 year now people next store to me building new home asked if I wanted to put bid in to do the painting was woundering the cost per sq ft and if includes paint or doesn't
    Thanks primetouch (Boston Mass)
    stupid plumbing Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 12:17 PM

Go to a paint center tell them how many sq ft you have, and what color, all that fun stuff, they will give you an estimate, so take the price of the paint , and then your suplies that you will need for the project ,add a little extra so if you screw up your covered,, then add how cheap you want to work, and then you have your bid
    cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Dec 12, 2009, 08:37 AM

The paint store will not give you an idea of your work.

New construction: gypsum primer (cheaper then reg. primer) Except in bathroom - use the acrylic based primer.

Then determine the colors they would like. Darker colors means more coats, etc.

Trim/baseboard is per linear foot.
    Ceilings are also per square foot, but I add extra for overhead painting. About 10-15 percent over wall paint labor. Any walls over 8 feet also had a percentage. See above.

If you spray (new construction) you need to include paper/tape and spray supplies.

If you roll/brush because of finishes and carpets being in the home - add cost for tape/rollers/plastic etc.

Prime coat/one paint coat (plus a little extra for coverage) is about 1.50 depending on the paint. 350 per gallon of paint - depending. If they have special paint that is thicker - go to 250-300 sq. ft per gallon.

LF for trim (windows, doors, baseboard) two coats - appx 50-65 cents per LF.

You go up or down, but never forget the cost of the paint and how long it will take to get done. If you are new to this, it will take you longer and you can't charge them for your "break in" and still be competitive. The cost also includes the location the home is in. Fancy finishes are much more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need ASsistance in Bid Process [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to bid on an interior home improvement project that involves stripping out old wallpaper and painting the walls. What is the most common yet effective way to bid such a project? Thank you

Why do I have to get so much .I never asked God [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I dont know how much i have to write it here to explain my pain.I request u all to be please patient with such a long writing of my life. "It all started in december'2007-I got introduced to a girl who lived thosands of miles away from where i was working.It happened with me-i dont...

My fianc? Asked for space and asked me to move out. [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have one child together. She has a child with an ex. The child is autistic (found out this year). We have been fighting a lot because of the stress from therapy and all of his app. We have not been having sex a lot lately and not been getting along because she is having a hard time...

Living in a house my dads owns no lease no rent and am being asked to move. [ 12 Answers ]

First off I will tell you I am in the state of Oklahoma. My wife, myself, and my daughter live in a house my father owns. It is on his property right across the driveway from his house he occupies. I have lived there since 9/2005... My wife since 01/2006. My daughter is two and a half. The...

Was asked [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked this question for class I will give you what I got but not sure this is what the answer is. The Question: When you buy new software packs, why does it state the minimum RAM and hard drive space your computer must have for you to run this program. My Answer: Because you need...

View more questions Search