Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Hey! Obama! Yo! What about Iran?
    You enjoy that nice trip to Asia? Enjoy bowing to the emperor? Enjoy becoming a born again fiscal conservative in China? Did you forget anything? "Iran will begin large-scale air defense war games Sunday aimed at protecting its nuclear facilities from possible attack, a senior military commander said Saturday, reflecting the country's concern that Israel could make good on threats to strike militarily" Iran to Hold War Games to Protect Nuclear Sites - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Where are we going this week?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 21, 2009, 12:30 PM

I will give him the benefit of doubt,I hope he's at LEAST whispering in these other leaders ears
    "iran,iran iran??"
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    i will give him the benefit of doubt,I hope hes at LEAST whispering in these other leaders ears
    "iran,iran iran??"
    Proof of the pudding is in the eating, right? With Obama, "Walk softly and whisper lightly, unless criticising your own country."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 05:29 PM

Allegedly there were talks towards sanctions. Of course all his former deadlines have come and gone. What to do ? What to do ? What do you expect from the equivocator in chief ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Just like the last anti-military CIC we had, expect a few cruise missles aimed at a baby-food factory and a victory declaration right after it becomes clear that it's too late.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    You enjoy that nice trip to Asia? Enjoy bowing to the emperor? Enjoy becoming a born again fiscal conservative in China? Did you forget anything? "Iran will begin large-scale air defense war games Sunday aimed at protecting its nuclear facilities from possible attack, a senior military commander said Saturday, reflecting the country's concern that Israel could make good on threats to strike militarily" Iran to Hold War Games to Protect Nuclear Sites - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Where are we going this week?
    I think we might be recapping on our intention to review the need for more troops in Afghanistan whilst reminding Kahzai that he needs to act on corruption. Wait a minute that was last week, no this week we will stress how strong we are on climate change in the lead up to Copenhagen, like we are for it, right? Iran, where's that again?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 22, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Iran, where's that again?
    Quick we need a poll
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 10:13 AM

"The White House did not even stand up for itself when it came to the question of human rights in China. The president, who had said only a few days earlier that freedom of expression is a universal right, was coerced into attending a joint press conference with Chinese President Hu Jintao, at which questions were forbidden. Former US President George W. Bush had always managed to avoid such press conferences.
    US Foreign Policy: Obama's Nice Guy Act Gets Him Nowhere on the World Stage - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Could that be the sound of Asian laughter I am hearing?
    Attached Images

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:03 AM

The President will get around to Iran and troops for Afghanistan after he resolves his inner conflicts about whether to pardon the Thanksgiving Turkey or not. Word is that he is days to weeks away from that decision.
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:08 AM

"The International Atomic Energy Agency probe of Iran's nuclear program is at a dead end because Tehran is not cooperating, the chief of the U.N. nuclear watchdog said Thursday in an unusually blunt expression of frustration four days before he leaves office."
    IAEA chief: Iran investigation at 'dead end'
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:15 AM

Hello again, George:

I'm sorry to inform you that just because Obama decided to talk to them, they're not going to lay down... Diplomacy and negotiation takes a little time... Especially since we haven't talked to them in 8 years...

What's YOUR solution? Bomb them instead?

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:25 AM

How about 17 useless U.N Security Council resolutions of condemnation. Make you feel better?
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:28 AM
    How about 17 useless U.N Security Council resolutions of condemnation. Make you feel better?
    Hello again, George:

Yeah... Iran sucks... What would you DO, except make noises?

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:31 AM

Oops! "The board of the U.N. nuclear watchdog censured Iran on Friday, with 25 nations backing a resolution that demands Tehran immediately freeze construction of its newly revealed nuclear facility and heed Security Council resolutions calling on it to stop uranium enrichment."

"Iran remained defiant, with its chief representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency declaring that his country would resist "pressure, resolutions, sanction(s) and threat of military attack."
    IAEA Votes to Censure Iran for Nuclear Defiance - Iran | Map | News - FOXNews.com

The question is, what is President Dither going to do?
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Diplomacy and negotiation takes a little time... Especially since we haven't talked to them in 8 years...
    Hello again, George:

What HE said.

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Hey! Obama! Yo! What about Iran?
    Yo, Mr. Whitebread, George:

Third time I'm asking here... Are you going to tell me what you wingers propose to do, or is this just more of that NO to whatever Obama wants crap you guys been doing?

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Yo, Mr. Whitebread, George:

Third time I'm asking here... Are you gonna tell me what you wingers propose to do, or is this just more of that NO to whatever Obama wants crap you guys been doing?

excon
    Let's see: this being The Season, you know - don't want to say it and offend anyone - but Obama could send three men from the West to the East: John Kerry, Rev. J. Wright, and Rev. Jesse Jackson; and we could call them the Three Wise Men. And the delegation could be led by our shepherd, Lady Hillary Clinton, the smartest woman in the world (she still has that title, right?). They could ride into Tehran, blindfolded of course; and go into the mosque and bow and kneel appropriately to the national government. At which time Hillary can proclaim full constitutional rights to all Iranians as set forth by the law of the US and the UN; and declare our two nations at peace; denounce Israel, and we live happily ever after.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 03:17 AM
    Let's see: this being The Season, you know - don't want to say it and offend anyone - but Obama could send three men from the West to the East: John Kerry, Rev. J. Wright, and Rev. Jesse Jackson; and we could call them the Three Wise Men. And the delegation could be led by our shepherd, Lady Hillary Clinton, the smartest woman in the world (she still has that title, right?). They could ride into Tehran, blindfolded of course; and go into the mosque and bow and kneel appropriately to the national government. At which time Hillary can proclaim full constitutional rights to all Iranians as set forth by the law of the US and the UN; and declare our two nations at peace; denounce Israel, and we live happily ever after.
    George you really don't have it, do you? Obama is manifestation of Satan just like George Bush was and no bowing in the Mosque will convince the Iranians of your goodwill towards them
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Let's see: this being The Season, you know
    Hello again, George:

Yo, Dude! I figured... Just more NO from the white guys...

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2009, 07:42 AM

Yo, again, Mr. White bread:

Yesterday, the United Nations nuclear watchdog agency demanded that Iran immediately freeze operations at a once secret uranium enrichment plant, a sharp rebuke that bore added weight because it was endorsed by Russia and China.

Administration officials held up the statement as a victory for President Obama’s diplomatic efforts to coax both Russia and China to increase the pressure on Iran.

If you want to take you head out of the sand to read further, go here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/wo..._r=1&th&emc=th.

But, you won't.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How about Obama naming the Rev. Jeremiah Wright as special envoy to Iran? [ 2 Answers ]

Obama should have the courage of his convictions, send the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, with Hillary, backed up by the Dixie Chicks and the remaining GITMO detainees. Heck, throw in Jimmy Carter, as well. "US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has...

Obama and Iran [ 29 Answers ]

This news report was from my Comcast server so I don't offer a link. One of my fears about Obama and his lack of political experience is regarding Iran and it's insistence to continue it's nuclear activities. Obama went to speak with Ahmadinejad with the belief that talking will calm him down....

View more questions Search