Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisha78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Just curious
    :confused:I have a court order for my daughter's father to pay child support. He and I get along great and lately he has been talking about cancelling the court order and just pay me cash ( he has been paying cash for a while now.) My question is, if I cancel the case will he still be obligated to pay the court odered amount?
    AmyShallFind Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 11:20 PM

No, the amount ordered by the court no longer applies because it would be considered an agreement between you and him.

Just so you are aware, without that papertrail of payments through the court, it can make a good relationship turn sour quick. Paying through the court, he would not be able to slide on what he should be paying because of whatever reason and it eliminates any he/she say on what was paid and what was agreed on.

Also, if you receive any kind of assistance from the State and receive cash under the table from the father, I would think this would cause big problems for you, the father and your child.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 01:23 AM

Bad idea. Just because you two get a long great now doesn't mean you always will. There's usually a reason when the parents of a child aren't actually together. Something went wrong in the relationship. What makes you think something won't go wrong again?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 07:24 AM

Why does he want to cancel the current order ? If he's paying on time and he's paying the full amount then there shouldn't be a problem with the order existing. Also Im not sure what you mean by paying in cash. But if its actually green bills in your hand he should be getting reciepts from you for funds received or things could get ugly very quickly.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 09:45 AM
    What does your court order stipulate? Does it permit him to pay cash directly to you? Generally, "canceling" the order is not an option ; even if you're willing, the court won't be. And yes, once an order is terminated, then so is his obligation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just curious [ 7 Answers ]

I was with me ex for three and a half years. I have left since feb. 27. I have let him go but find myself having some serious trust issues. Will that always be a problem or can I overcome it eventually?

Just curious [ 16 Answers ]

I for one know that my ex has done some really unforgivable things in the past couple months but in all honesty if he could convince me he was genuinly sorry I would probably take him back. I'm just curious how many of you dumpees would take back your ex's even after 2, 4, 6 months? That includes...

Just curious [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if you have very irregular periods, like to where you might not see your period until 3months later, is it possible to still get pregnant if you have unprotected sex within those 3 months? Just curious..

Just Curious [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone ever had a sonagram that said the baby was a boy, and then it turned out to be a girl? I know that this probably sounds silly, because the aren't really ever wrong about boys, they are more likely wrong about girls. I just keep having these dreams that I have a girl. I am very excited to...

Just curious [ 4 Answers ]

What does the term hems and haws mean?

View more questions Search