Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 07:45 PM

Yep with a little rubber tube going from it to the vent motor.
    mrsmoondog Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Ok, did that, turned it back on, and 1st cycle, nothing...

Nov 19, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Dang. Didn't work.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 07:54 PM

Well that puts us back to gas pressure. Or the ignitor. But you say that it is one that goes threw the metal cabnet and can not be moved. And the control board timing. You could try to clean the burner orfice with a small wire on the burner closest to the ignitor.

Nov 19, 2009, 07:55 PM

Ok, I'll try and do that.

And Josh? I really appreciate your trying to help.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:01 PM
    A small restriction inside the burner or orifice that set in front of the hot surface ignitor will keep the system from lighting.

Nov 19, 2009, 08:03 PM

Are the orifices inside the holes behind the ports? If so, I can't get to them as there is heavy wire mesh in the holes.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:07 PM

The orfice is the small brass plugs coming out of the main black gas line that sends gas down the metal tubes to the ignitor. They are on the gas manifold
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:07 PM
    The orifices are in the gas manifold that supplies fuel to the burners.

Nov 19, 2009, 08:13 PM

Ok found them. Gently poked a wire into them and turned the furnace back on. Waiting...

Nov 19, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Nada... Guess I'd better get my electric blankets out.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:16 PM

Well the only other thing you could try, sense the tech is coming back tomorrow would be to turn up the gas pressure a bit. The tech thinks the probem is in the board?

Nov 19, 2009, 08:17 PM

I know he did check the gas; he said there is a small burnt spot on the back of the circuit board.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:18 PM

Well I guess you will just have to wait and see what he finds out. Let us know what it turns out being!

Nov 19, 2009, 08:19 PM

I will Josh, and thank you again!

Nov 20, 2009, 08:18 PM

Update: It wasn't the circuit board, and it's still not fixed. However it is back to firing sometimes again, so we do have sporadic heat. Daniel (the tech) adjusted the gas pressure up a bit, and is considering trying a new gas valve on it. However the valve does appear to be working...

The only thing he can find that is a bit off is the amount of air it takes in before it fires. (Or attempts to fire.) He says he hasn't seen one draw as hard as this one does before.

He is stumped, he says there is no reason that he can see that it isn't firing. (He also checked circuit board/pressure switch by bypassing the P/S as KC13 suggested, and that wasn't it either.) He says he will get to the bottom of it if he has to call Goodman to do so.

Go Daniel!

I'll update as we learn more.
    Have a great weekend!
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:44 PM

Glad you got some heat.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:46 PM
    What did he set the gas pressure at?

Nov 20, 2009, 09:00 PM

Not sure, said he bumped it up a little. He is going to swing by tomorrow and bump it up a little more to see if he can keep the dang thing running.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Here is a Goodman factory service manual for your unit.
    Your furnace trouble chart starts on page 28

If you have not cleaned the flame sensor do so. Use steel wool or sandpaper. Many times cleaning it will not take on the first try so clean it again to be sure.

If the light is blinking on a continuous basis then you have a case of polarity reversal. Reverse the 24 volt power leeds going to the board. This is a very common problem.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...st.%209.09.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 hour lockout - What next? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Criterion II gas furnace. The unit starts and runs okay most of the time. However it will stop occasionally and will go into 1-hour lockout mode (based on light codes) . What is causing unit to work properly sometimes and not others? I have checked the orange flame light. It...

Furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace model 394GAZ036100. The problem I am having is intermitant. Furnace will run fine sometimes 6-8 hr, cycles OK and then doesn't start up on calling for heat. If I shut of power and turn it back on it will start and cycle OK. Never has messed up while I am sitting there...

Gas furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace will light, but then the flame goes away within a few seconds. It does this several times and then the LED light blinks six times which the sticker on the furnace indicates means a system lockout. What can I do to repair this?

Boiler on lockout [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a worcester 9/14cbi boiler. It has been in place for 5 years, but has been playing up for 2 years so far. Things have got progressively worse, and now it is pretty much constantly on lockout. In the last 2 weeks I have had a new pump, new circuit board, new sensor leads and the whole...

Tenant Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting weekly for a commercial space in VA. I have a signed lease. What are my rights regarding the landlord locking me out of the space? I would like to know if the "wrongful eviction/lockout" is worth pursuing? My payments were behind by 4 weeks, but I never paid weekly from the start; I...

View more questions Search