Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    younglove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Am I testing too early?
    I'm in my early 30's and have never been pregnant. I'm begun having pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, tired a lot, sleepy, strong scene of smell, sore breats, congestation, back pain, and vivid dreams of being pregnant. I haven't missed a period. In fact my period came 6 days early this month. I usually bleed really heavy the first 2 1/2 days and period lasts for 5 days. I only bleed heavy on the 2nd day and had really bad cramps ( I never get cramps). The other days were really light. I'm still experiencing pregnancy systoms. I recently took 2 hpt, both turned out negative. Could I be testing too early? My period started on 11-08-09. I am trying to get pregnant. When is the best time to test?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Most likely you are not pregnant since you did have a period. Remember that pregnancy symptoms and PMS can be virtually the same.

If you had your period on 11/8, it is WAY too early to test. You have to actually miss a period for the most accurate result.

It is best to test first thing in the morning with your first morning urine.
    devils_angel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 01:21 PM
    But, I think, the best time to take HPT, is 2 weeks after the missed period (if you did had a missed period). I've know from an OB, that a sperm cell can live inside a woman for
    30-60days and can take the maturity inside the woman within those span of time. So, it is possible that you're not pregnant after you had sex, or the pregnancy will take over after that maturity period taking inside you.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_angel View Post
    I've know from an OB, that a sperm cell can live inside a woman for
    30-60days and can take the maturity inside the woman within those span of time. So, it is possible that you're not pregnant after you had sex, or the pregnancy will take over after that maturity period taking inside you.

Okay, I have read this 5 times (at least) now... Are you saying that sperm - active, baby making, sperm can live in a woman's body for up to 2 months? Please, PLEASE clarify this. I have never heard this. Up to 72 hours, yes. Up to 2 months, NO...
    devils_angel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 07:16 AM
    That's what my friend told me. That is why, the counting of the maturity of the egg cell starts from the last day of your menstruation, and not on the first day of your missed period. Because they are evolving in your womb during those times. If I am correct, the days that it could live your womb is around 30-40 days.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 07:33 AM

Okay. Sperm can not/will not live in a woman's body for 30 to 40 days. It could live between 3 to 5 days - if the conditions are right. If a woman isn't fertile, the sperm could "die" instantly or within minutes.
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_angel View Post
    I've know from an OB, that a sperm cell can live inside a woman for 30-60days and can take the maturity inside the woman within those span of time.
    Your "OB" friend is sadly mistaken. Sperm can live inside of a woman for up to 5 days. If it does not fertilize an egg in this time, it dies. Also, sperm are mature before they leave the penis, they don't mature inside of the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat View Post
    Okay. It could live between 3 to 5 days - if the conditions are right. If a woman isn't fertile, the sperm could "die" instantly or within minutes.
    The bolded statement above is correct. The conditions must be right... the vagina cannot be too acidic. Now, if a woman isn't fertile, the sperm won't die instantly or within minutes. This is why fertility patients are told to have sex BEFORE they ovulate, so that the sperm has time to travel up the fallopian tubes to reach the egg exactly when it is released from the ovaries.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 07:14 PM

I wanted to give my source of information.
    Marquette University | Natural Family Planning
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 07:21 PM
    If no cervical mucus is present in the woman's vagina, sperm will die within minutes.
    This is a quote from your source. Now, we have different forms of cervical mucous. However, sperm will still live if we aren't fertile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early morning/afternoon Nature show in the early-mid 90s. [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! Ive been trying to remember the name of this nature show I used to watch on TV as a kid. It was really low-tech and basically had one guy in it. I remember watching it in the early 90's, maybe on Nickelodeon, PBS, or some other children's programming station, but the filming style is...

Testing my MAF [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to test my MAF on my 2001 Maxima se (5 speed, manual) as per the Haynes repair manual. I disconnected the MAF sensor electrical connector. I connected the positive lead of my voltmeter to the red wire terminal of the MAF and the negative lead to a good engine ground (I chose the...

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

K-SEALS and VMI testing for early entrance to kindergarten [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My 4 year old son turns 5 on October 7, 2007. The cut off for automatic admission into Northwest Local School district in Cincinnati, Ohio is August 31, so he misses the cut off by 1 week. The district has put him through a series of "early entrance tests" to see if he "is...

View more questions Search