Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DIAMOND22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Dying black hair back to light brown
    Please can you help me, I have dyed my hair black and would very much like to go back to a light brown I have been to a hairdresser who says I have to have it stripped then re coloured but I would need at least an incj of roots which I would rather not do as I would look stupid.

Is there any other way?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 10, 2006, 12:26 AM
    Your hairstylist is correct. In order to go from black to light brown, it must first be stripped and then your desired color is applied. Perhaps the hairstylist wants you to grow the roots an inch, so that he/she can try to match your natural color as close as possible. Sweetie, if you're worried about your roots showing, you can wear hats. A lot of women are wearing hats because it's cute and fashionable, and it hides bad hair days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying your hair black [ 17 Answers ]

I'm considering dying my hair black but I've heard that it's unhealthy in some ways. I was wonderinf if any of you know if it's harmful?

Dying vaginal hair from brown to platinum [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to dye the hair in my pubic area from brown (with a touch of grey in it) to platinum (yellowish blonde hair - sort of like Gwen Stefani's). How can I do this on my own. It is embarrassing for me to get this done professionally so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Black hair back to brown HELP HELP [ 4 Answers ]

I recently coloured my hair midnight black! It a new 3d colour that is black with a tint of blue in certain shades of light. It looks awful. I want it back to my natural colour which is a medium brown. How do I do it?? Help me urgently

Dying my black hair red [ 2 Answers ]

OK my hair was naturally red,like a long time ago,this school year when I came I dyed it black, after a while I have been wanting my red back, well me and a friend bought the light arburn red lazt night and did my hair,it died my roots really pretty but the rest didn't work,llike you can barley...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

View more questions Search