Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margegammon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Will first time assault warrant losing top security clearance
    Two part question:

How prevalent/frequent is it that security clearances are pulled in general -- any statistics on how many are revoked annually and for what reason?

What's the likelihood that a first time offender, charged with third degree assault, would lose a top secret security clearance? And, under what conditions? Can I report this - and other unusual behavior - or does the govt just have to "discover" it? Question relates to a neighbor who physically assaulted my husband and claims to have a top security clearance and be worried about his job.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by margegammon View Post
    What's the likelihood that a first time offender, charged with third degree assault, would lose a top secret security clearance? And, under what conditions? Can I report this - and other unusual behavior - or does the govt just have to "discover" it?
    Hello m:

If convicted, the likelihood is high that he'll lose his clearance... But if YOU report it, probably not. They'll just consider it retaliation for some domestic dispute, which it is.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

I have been accused of second degree assault twice by my spouse and I am up for my first hearing on the 16 Dec 08. My concern is that being in the military requires that you maintain your security clearance. With this accusation on my record will it cause me to lose my clearance? If I accept a...

I have had my final interview for my clearance in Aug 1st. How can I find out when will I be getting my clearance? Who should I contact? Any answer? Thank you very much.

I did the same mistake and my situation is like you, $75 ticket from police and $487.98 from the store and I did paid both of them but my question is: does it show on my Security Clearance? I had an interview with a government agency and they asked my authorization to check my Security Clearance ...

To Whom It May Concern, A few years ago I went to jail for petty theft. However, I did community service so that it would not show on my record, which turned my case to disturbance of the peace. In addition, a year later I filled a motion to terminate my probation early and to obtain...

My security clearance? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello, I am the one that poilice gave me ticket "OFFENCE NOTICE", Municipality ottawa, and the part of "are request to appear in court"in the ticket is empty, + from the mall security, they gave me a notice of "PROHIBITING ENTRY" TRESPASS TO PROPERTY ACT for one year. I have not received any...

View more questions Search