Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medina_isaura Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 04:52 PM
    What does tax expense represents?
    I am pretty sure that the answer is the amount of taxes contributed by the employer plus the gross pay. Like I said, pretty sure, but 100% sure... I have doubts. Please help.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:54 PM

It does not include the gross pay. That's salary expense. It's the tax ONLY contributed by the employer. That is, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the pay to the employees at all, their gross, their deductions, nothing, because that's salaries and wages from the employer prospective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wages expense vs accrued wages expense or prepaid expense [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have this question which I'm stuck on Staff works a 14 day fortnight and are paid on the 15th day 15-Jun Staff Wages $1279 29-Jun Staff Wages $1279 So I drew up a timeline and figured out that staff will be paid on the 30th of jun, not 29th. Therefore, in this case, it means...

What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean? [ 1 Answers ]

What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean?

Goodwill represents the excess cost [ 1 Answers ]

Boodwill represents the excess cost of an acquisition of the: a. Sum of the fair values assigned to intangible assets less liabilties assumed. b. sum of the fair values assigned to tangible and intangible assets acquired less liabilities assumed. c. sum of the fair values assigned to...

Moving Expense and Traveller Expense [ 1 Answers ]

Brief History: I came to US on F1 in 2001 and graduated in 2003. I have been employed from October, 2003 on my OPT and my H1 started in May, 2004. I changed my employer in 2004 and in 2005 I had to leave the country to be with my family in my home country. I was out of the country from April 2005...

View more questions Search