Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sahir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 02:45 AM
    Car Audio System...
    Can i ask about the best Combinations for Car Audio System , in which Head Set , Amplifier , Speakers , Sub Woofer etc included.

Can you suggest me which things & Models can make a perfect Combination for Car Audio System .

I don't wanna to use DVD .
    No Problem if there is Double Din Head Set is perfect , i like to be .

Cheers,
    Sahir .
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 31, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahir
    Can i ask about the best Combinations for Car Audio System , in which Head Set , Amplifier , Speakers , Sub Woofer etc included.

Can you suggest me which things & Models can make a perfect Combination for Car Audio System .

I don't wanna to use DVD .
    No Problem if there is Double Din Head Set is perfect , i like to be .

Cheers,
    Sahir .
    That's a rather hard question to answer.

In my case (which works great for me, and was very cost effective, as you will read)

I have a 4 Channel Sherwood 420W amplifier (given to me for free by a very good friend of mine), 2 12 inch Pioneer 450W peak subwoofers in a ported box (found while garbage picking, work perfectly), a Sony Xplod MP3 player with Subwoofer controller (rated 52 x 4 peak, more like 23 x 4 RMS), and a 1000W rated amplifier installation kit that I paid $10 for including shipping.

All together, wiring an amp and subs up in my car, including the cost of the head unit (which I've had for 2 years) and all associated speaker wire, harnesses, etc, cost me only $215. I mainly listen to Alternative and Metal, so it works great for my taste. Plus it's not too loud.

It all depends on what you listen to, what you are willing to spend, what you want to get out of the system, etc. What is your ballpark to spend? What type of vehicle is it going in? These are all important aspects that I need to ask in order to help you out.
    str33t punk Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
    It matters what you would like to spend.. if you are willing to pay the price go for bose in my opinion is the best. I have a sony xplod amp(600 w) and sony xplod sub (800w) and am getting sony xplod deck(head unit with mp3 input) my back speakers are 140w kenwoods and front are still stock.. just shop around
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jun 18, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Unfortunately Bose does not make any after market products they are all original equipment, so that is not even an option.

It all depends on what you want to spend. JL Audio subs with MB Quart mids and highs would kick a*s. Toss in an Eclipse head unit and your rockin. Add HiFonics amps and you will crap your pants. But the bottom line is price. You can get a pretty basic system together for 800 bucks. But to do it right and get great performance you can easily spend a few grand on equipment alone. Good luck, check out this link.

MAXXSONICS HIFONICS CRUNCH AUTOTEK MB QUART

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Audio [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain the basics of car audio to me, or at least show me some sites which do that? I understand that it is wise to have subs, good speakers a nice deck and amps, but I would like to know what the amps actually do. Do they make the subs pound harder? Thanks

Car Audio [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I just needed some advice real quick. I have a 1998 2 door Honda Civic EX. I love bass. About two years ago, I purchased a Visonik 10" dual subs amplified system. It was straight. I don't know if I bust a speaker or it's old or what, but my sound has started becoming distorted. The whole...

Car audio [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know much about car audio so this may be a dumb question but if I have a kicker sub and a boss amp dose it really matter all that much that I don't have a kicker amp to go with my sub.

Car audio help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Boss C-700 amp and 2 10' Infinity subs and I was told that I could run the subs at 2 ohms is that true?

View more questions Search