Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinji Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Confirmation of Smith/Ostler
    On our final dissoulution of marriage a box is marked that the smith /ostler does not apply. What exactly does this mean?
    Thank you
    Jim Martinez
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Did you use a lawyer ? Im asking because ostler / smith is part of a predicted calculation for figuring child support or spousal support.

Nov 18, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Yes we did use an attorney. The correct reading on the dissolution is any request for additional smith/oshler componet of spousal support is denied. So what does this exactly mean. Sorry for not asking the question correctly the first time.
    Thank you
    Jim
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 04:11 PM

It means that for the purpose of calculations overtime and bonus etc won't be considered for the calculation. So its saying that they are denying the right to use that as part of the spousal support calculation.

You really should be asking your attorney to explain it to you so you have confirmation.

Nov 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Thank you for your help
    Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic Confirmation [ 5 Answers ]

What will you have to do during Confirmation class and being Confirmed? And can your sponsors be relatives?

Confirmation of love [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know whether this boy who says that he loves me really loves me or is it just mere attraction?

Gates Confirmation [ 1 Answers ]

We all know by now that Rumsfeld has resigned (finally!) and that President Bush has nominated Robert Gates to be the new Secretary of Defense. This leads me to a two-part question: a) When does the current Congress start meeting again? b) Will the confirmation hearing be done with the...

Confirmation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I need a confirmation about this movie I once saw and I need to know if the title to this movie is correct. I saw this movie a long time ago about some people that were in space. Something went wrong and there were some aliens that had one big eye. I think they were red or something and...

View more questions Search