Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poockiebaez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Connection my laptop to my TV
    Ok here it is I want to connect my laptop to my Samsung TV, I sent for a vga to hdmi cable and I also sent for a vga to hdmi with the regular jacks on it to will this work my TV has 2 hdmi and svideo jacks on it but my laptop only has vga please help me thanks
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 18, 2009, 02:12 PM

There isn't really such a thing as a VGA to HDMI cable... if there is, I doubt it will work. VGA is a purely analog signal, and HDMI is digital. You need some sort of converter box in between. If that's what you ordered, then all you need to do is plug the box in, in between the computer and the TV.

There's a few listed on this page, as well as some information about the video formats: Convert VGA to HDMI with Audio (HDMI to VGA)
    vengefulcactaur Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2009, 06:46 PM

This is what your looking for.. I think... you plug in the super video side into your computer then plug the RCA side into your TV
    (keep in mind that your graphics won't be very good and you might have to lower the resolution)
    Depending on the graphics card a standard key command to switch monitors it ALT+F5
    But you might want to look into your graphics card in particular.
    StarTech.com - Video cable - Male 4 pin mini-DIN to M RCA
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 3, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vengefulcactaur View Post
    thsi is what your looking for .. i think ... you plug in the super video side into your computer then plug the RCA side into your tv
    (keep in mind that your graphics wont be very good and you might have to lower the resolution)
    depending on the graphics card a standard key command to switch monitors it ALT+F5
    but you might want to look into your graphics card in particular.
    StarTech.com - Video cable - Male 4 pin mini-DIN to M RCA
    I'd recommend against that cable, since the original poster doesn't have an S-Video or RCA port on the laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop screen bad connection [ 6 Answers ]

Okay I know what my problem is I have a laptop I bought used and my screen would get verticle lines across when I move it. Well it is a loose connection I have opened it up and pushed the connections down with a pencil eraser and it works, but this problem is ongoing is there anything I can do to...

Connection Laptop to TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old 21" LG Sampoorna TV I would like to connect my laptop to it? Has any one done it earlier if so guide me how to do

VGA Connection on my laptop? [ 5 Answers ]

What can I do with a VGA connection on my laptop? Thanks.

Connection laptop to lcd TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have Compaq Presario laptop. I also Have Samsung LNT 4065F LCD TV. I"d like to connect my lap top to TV. What kind of cable should I use for the best connection?

Second laptop connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How do I connect a second laptop to my linksys router I have desktop and 1 laptop already connected but please tell me if I can hook up another laptop to it.I also have a dsl modem. Thank you tip0057

View more questions Search