Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 05:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    she appears to have a good head on her shoulders
    Yes, it definitely is to her advantage to be pretty.

Pair her up as veep candidate with Cheney, and you've got yourself a rock-solid far-right conservative team.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Possibly true, but core values and judgment are far more important than being a walking world Atlas. We have maps for what we don't remember.
    Hello gal:

I agree with your sentiment... I'd take values over geography any day. But, if I had my druthers, I'd want my leader to have both. Truth is, running the world is a lot more complicated that knowing where all the countries are.

Look, Gal. I know you like her. But she knows NOTHING about the world. That's not a this. MOST people in this country don't know about the world. MOST governors in the country don't either. They don't have to. It may come as a shock to you, but I didn't always know everything about the world like I do now. It took a few years... ;)

But, if Sarah is going to compete for office on a national level, her competency in world affairs is going to be tested... Of course, if what she wants to do is make a whole bunch of cash, that's cool too. It IS the American way, after all.

With Huckabee out of the way, she has right field to herself. I'd LOVE for her to surprise me. No, I don't support her politics. But I absolutely support a regular mother reaching for the stars.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 05:29 PM

Look, Gal. I know you like her. But she knows NOTHING about the world.
    And you know this how ?
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and you know this how ?
    Hello tom:

I guess you missed the Katie Couric interview. I didn't. I also don't buy that she was blindsided by Couric when Palin said she was told they were going to talk "girl talk"... Nobody who knows Katie Couric believes that. She's the CBS ANCHOR for crying out loud. She's going to interview the VP candidate and she's going to talk GIRL TALK?? Dude!

Nope. I saw it, and I BELIEVED it.

That doesn't mean that she can't LEARN. I haven't seen any evidence that she's tried, though. Didn't she say something about Jews flocking to Israel in response to a policy question?? I think she did?? What Middle East phenomenon does she know about that I don't?

Again, I saw the Couric interview, and I BELIEVED it.

excon

PS> Uhhh, she also did a Charley Gibson interview that didn't turn out so swell.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 05:42 PM
    and you know this how ?
    Because she didn't know where ONTARIO WAS... IN CANADA... which isn't far from Alaska. I can't quote the exactly time that came up but that is what I heard in on of her debates.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 06:10 PM
    tickle she negotiated a transAlaska-Canada natural gas pipeline before she left office. I think she has a solid understanding of your country.

Ex. Couric cherry picked and heavily edited from 3 days of interviews for the show . Considering that a faltering Couric ,who's show was tanking , used this interview to salvage it ;this was disgusting treatment .
    Specifically her whole foreign policy position was distorted by CBS... the network that brought you Rathergate .
    CBS News Erases Moderate Quotes from Palin Transcript - IRIS Blog
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Couric cherry picked and heavily edited from 3 days of interviews for the show .
    Hello again, tom:

I read the parts that were edited out... They showed no great, in depth, international intellect. Sorry.

But, I'm willing to be wrong. I hope she brushed up on some stuff. We ARE going to find out, aren't we? Let's talk after she actually does an interview with someone other than her admirers at FOX.

If she knows SOMETHING, we WILL find out. If she knows NOTHING, we'll find that out too. It ain't something she can hide.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 07:05 PM
    her whole foreign policy position
    She had a foreign policy position?

Did you finish reading her book yet?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 08:14 PM

What is it with you liberals? A cute woman with plenty of smarts and enjoys family life and loves her country. And compare her to President Dither? Let's go.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    What is it with you liberals? A cute woman with plenty of smarts and enjoys family life and loves her country. And compare her to President Dither? Let's go.
    Hey! I'm Republican and didn't compare her to President Obama. What did she do that was smart? (I think I missed that part.)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 08:58 PM
    tickle she negotiated a transAlaska-Canada natural gas pipeline before she left office. I think she has a solid understanding of your country.

[/URL]
    She didn't 'negotiate' anything, tomder, it hasn't got approval from our Federal government to allow Alaska to take the pipeline to your midwest. I don't know why you equate that with 'having a solid understanding of our country'.

Tick
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 10:02 PM
    Why is it that Americans, like no other nation I have come across, need to remind themselves and everybody else how much they love their country? How Patriotic they are? Patriotic.. The only time I hear that word is out of an Americans mouth..

What's the story??

Is it that American's love there country more than the Dutch, French or Swiss love there's? Or is it that you need to categorise people into those who love and those who don't?

Its almost like you all feel so insecure about it that you have to remind each other at every chance.

Some of you actually believe that those on the other side of the spectrum don't love their country don't you? You actually think that Sarah Palin loves her Country more than Obama does?
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 03:14 AM

Did you finish reading her book yet?
    About half way through. I have been busy with other projects that have cut into my reading time.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 03:52 AM

tickle ,the gas pipeline project is going to be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. Real infrastructure work unlike Obama's removing and resurfacing black top roads.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    Why is it that Americans, like no other nation i have come across, need to remind themselves and everybody else how much they love their country? How Patriotic they are? Patriotic.. The only time i hear that word is out of an Americans mouth..

Whats the story???
    I've always wondered why others don't express their patriotism? I mean voluntarily, not like coming out to fête dear leader.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    Why is it that Americans, like no other nation i have come across, need to remind themselves and everybody else how much they love their country? How Patriotic they are? Patriotic.. The only time i hear that word is out of an Americans mouth..

Whats the story???

Its almost like you all feel so insecure about it that you have to remind each other at every chance.

Some of you actually believe that those on the other side of the spectrum don't love their country don't you?? You actually think that Sarah Palin loves her Country more than Obama does??
    You have hit upon something very important, so let me spell it out for you: l I b e r t y, personal freedom, independence...
    Obama and other progressives don't give a dam for it; in fact, they want to usurp all personal freedoms and liberties in favor of the almighty, unquestionable, reverent state. Perhaps the USA is the only place that amount of personal liberty has ever existed, and it is being taken away, almost without notice or review in the mainstream media or academia. So, it is not patriotism, my friend; it is liberty. You can take it, or leave it; doesn't matter to me. Evidently, Sarah Palin is tapping into that aspect of American life.
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 07:55 AM
    You have hit upon something very important, so let me spell it out for you: l i b e r t y, personal freedom, independence... Obama and other progressives dont give a dam for it; in fact, they want to usurp all personal freedoms and liberties in favor of the almighty,
    Hello again, George:

I'm glad you brought that up... You talk about liberty and freedom as though you understand it. But, you don't.

You supported the dufus when he took away YOUR freedom to have your emails and telephone calls remain private. That's the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution you didn't mind getting trashed. You supported the dufus when he took away YOUR habeas corpus rights, which is what the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution is all about. You certainly don't mind overthrowing the Sixth Amendment to the Constitution that speaks about cruel and unusual punishment...

Although, I don't believe we've spoken about it, I suggest you don't support GAY people in having the same "freedoms" you have, thereby trashing the Ninth Amendment. I'd also be willing to bet that you think the government should organize prayer in its institutions, and that kills the First Amendment...

So, all in all, George, you don't support liberty at all. You ain't even close.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 3, 2009, 08:10 AM

I think Tiger wishes his texts and telephone calls were private ;)
    W did not take any of the rights you mentioned away from me, but this POTUS wants to give non-citizens that don't follow and are not signers to the Geneva convention, rights that belong to the US citizen.

And it is not W, but the population and the politicians that are against gay marriage. What, 0 for 31, with the latest defeat in NY, a blue state? That record makes the NJ Nets look good.

G&P
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    W did not take any of the rights you mentioned away from me, but this POTUS wants to give non-citizens that don't follow and are not signers to the Geneva convention, rights that belong to the US citizen.?

And it is not W, but the population and the politicians that are against gay marriage.
    Hello again, in:

Let's take them one at a time.

YOUR right to due process of law is what the Fifth Amendment is about. The cornerstone of that amendment is habeas corpus... That is the right of ANY prisoner to challenge his detention...

Then the dufus comes along and says HE, and HE alone can designate somebody to BE an enemy combatant, and ENEMY COMBATANTS don't have ANY habeas corpus rights. In other words, they don't have a right to challenge their imprisonment...

I'm sure all that makes you warm and fuzzy, until you realize that the dufus could designate YOU to be an enemy combatant, meaning that YOU, an American citizen (who theoretically HAS habeas corpus rights), wouldn't be able to challenge YOUR detention...

The above paragraph is indisputable.

Now, of course, you're going to say, well MY government wouldn't do that to ME... But, if our founders believed that, they wouldn't have been SO intent on making SURE the government wouldn't do that to its people, and that's why they wrote those amendments like they did.

Next.

You, as an individual sovereign citizen of this great nation of ours, enjoy every single right the Constitution says you do. But, you don't have them because they're popular - they're not. You don't have them because a majority of the citizens say you do. You don't have them because the politicians like or dislike them...

You have them because you are a citizen. Therefore, if EVERY politician said that YOU shouldn't have your First Amendment rights, they would be WRONG. If EVERY male citizen said that women shouldn't be allowed to vote, they would be wrong. If EVERY citizen said black people shouldn't be allowed to eat in the same dining room as whites, they'd be wrong.

If you have the right to marry, then so does EVERYBODY else, no matter HOW unpopular the cause, and no matter HOW many politicians don't like it. You do know, that NONE of the hard earned rights, that we have belatedly bestowed upon certain groups of people were NOT popular ideas when those movements began...

I'm going to stop now. That's a lot for you to digest.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:42 AM

If you have the right to marry, then so does EVERYBODY else
    And so everyone does . Marriage is defined as between man and woman in the books and In is right ;when We the People have voted on the issue it has been a slam dunk to respect the definition of marriage.

But if you read Palin's book ,she is no where's near the cultural warrior she is falsely portrayed as.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enough Already Sarah Palin! [ 127 Answers ]

Is anyone else sick of Sarah Palin talking nonsense? We all new she was at best semi-literate but her new comments about so-called death panels wanting to execute the elderly and disabled people are too ridiculous for words. What bothers me most is that not one prominent Republican politician has...

President Sarah Palin [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You? excon

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search