Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kawkfx400 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 10:14 PM
    Juvenile records
    Can juvenile records be seen on a company's background check.
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2006, 06:37 AM
    I'm not certain on this one, but I believe a juvenile record can be seen up to the date the juvenile turns 18.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2006, 06:55 AM
    This may depend on where you live. But generally juvenile records are sealed and would probably not show up on a background check.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Hello kaw:

It's my opinion, that any digitized record, in any part of the world, can be seen by anyone who wants to see it bad enough. Our antiquated laws, saying what records can and cannot be seen, were made when the records were paper. These days, they're not.

I think our legislators should make laws that matter, don't you?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 08:30 AM
    The actual court records are not put on the NCIC ( national data base)
    So a actual background search will not show it up.

These are only the records done in juvenile court. Many 16 or 17 year olds are tried in adult court now adays for variouis crimes if they are tried in adult court those records are normally avialable, since they were being tried as a adult and do not have the protection of being a minor. ( in many states)

But as excon mentioned, with news articles on the internet, and high school people posting blogs with all sort of data on them, there is a lot of info we can find by other methods.

Also depending on how they are doing a background search, for example when I went to work for the Justice department, they sent people to talk to neighbors and friends that I had going back 10 years, so people know things and talk.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Where do you live??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can juvenile records be used against you as an adult? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey I'm curious to know if you have a juvenile record but are now an adult and have no adult record. Can your juvenile record be brought up in court as evidence? Or is everything in your juvenile record irrelevant and will be thrown out if you are an adult? Thanks, -pegs-

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Access to parole records [ 3 Answers ]

Who has access to parole records? What exactly is in the records? And how do I get them?

Accessing adoption records [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can help me! * I'm adopted and have recently decided to search for my biological family. Thing is there is a lot of stuff about the adoption I don't know. I've heard I am entitled to view my records, but I have no idea how to go about it. If anyone can offer me any...

View more questions Search