Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gravcore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 12:48 AM
    I need to know how much actual force is acting on the piston.
    Hello: I know that the force in a combustion chamber of a gas engine is around 1100 psi. lets say the ratio is 9.0 to 1.
    grayson0407 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 12:54 AM

How can I find out how much money I will receive on my income taxes this year I've made 22,000
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravcore View Post
    Hello: I know that the force in a combustion chamber of a gas engine is around 1100 psi. lets say the ratio is 9.0 to 1.
    Do you meant 'pressure'?

Well,

If you have the area of the piston, you have the force on it :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravcore View Post
    To add to what Unknown said - the compression ratio is immaterial to your queston. The pressure when the air/fuel mixture is compressed 9:1 is much, much less than the pressure once the mixture is ignited. So if you aleady know that the pressure after ignitionis 1100 psi, just use the formula that Unknown gave you to determine the force on the piston.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

How do I prime my piston pump [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some help with priming my piston water pump , please Only done jet pumps before thanks

View more questions Search