Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slicksterboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
    Toilet Bowl Water Level Drops
    Hello, I just noticed a problem with a toilet I installed about 5 months ago. The water level in the bowl looked a little low this evening (but worked fine earlier today), so I flushed the toilet and it seemed to flush fine and re-fill. However, once it finished re-filling I heard a "gurggling" and the water level in the bowl dropped to right at the bottom of the bowl, at the neck. I checked the tank and it's staying full. There is no water on the floor around the toilet and I also checked the ceiling below and there is no water there.
    I'm stumped as there doesn't seem to be a leak and this problem just happened.
    The toilet is a Jacuzzi Espree 1.28 gallon.
    Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 03:58 AM

This phenomenon does happen when there
    Is usually a blocked drain.
    At times this blockage clears by itself which creates a suction effect and that is the reason that the water level drops.
    If it persists , I wold suggest that you get a
    Drainage professional to look into it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Rolcam got it backwards. A gurgle tells you that the system's attempting to vent through the toilet trap. The sound you hear is air being drawn through the eater in the bowl and the suction is drawing the bowl level down. The solution would be to snake from the lavatory roof vent or if the toilet's on a separate vent from there. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck, Tom
    slicksterboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 06:16 PM

Thank you for your quick response and good advice. I got a toilet auger and was able to clear out whatever was partially blocking the trap or drain in the toilet. It now flushes fine and refills without draining.
    Thanks again for the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl water level drops after flushing [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush my upstairs toilet it fills the bowl like normal but then after maybe 10 minutes the water level drops down very low like you normally see on windy days. Hope you know what I mean. Lol I checked the hose like you said and also cleaned off the flapper. I also adjusted the water...

Toilet water level slowly drops [ 11 Answers ]

My toilet tank slowly loses water

Water level in bathroom commode bowl drops [ 1 Answers ]

There is no evidence of a water leak but water level in bathroom commode bowl seems to disappear.

Water level drops in toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a 2nd floor main washroom that doesn't get used too much. I bought a new home off the builder and its now 1yr old. It seems this toilet doesn't have much water pressure compared to the other toilets in the house. A few months back, this toilet would start making a hissing noise...

Toilet bowl water level slowly drops. [ 5 Answers ]

My toilet was flushing poorly, after a good session of plunging it is working decently again, however another problem has arose. When the toilet is flushed all waste is taken away,then the bowl refills as does the tank,OK so far. When the tank and bowl are filled, what happens next is that the...

View more questions Search