Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peace1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 09:30 PM
    Possible meeting with Ex
    Ok, so I'm going to return for Thanksgiving break and my ex will be in town. I want to ask her to coffee so we can talk, because originally we had intended on maintaining some sort of relationship (a relationship that was never really clarified).

I thought we had mutually broke up, and she hasn't tried talking to me... I think she is in the college busy and high life so to say, if she's not studying she's socializing.
    We haven't spoken in well to be honest we haven't honestly communicated sense we left for college. I really hope she decides to join me for coffee.

We talked about being good friends, but she hasn't even acknowledged my existence; for instance the only two times she called were when she was drunk. It was a 2.5 year relationship, we've been away from each other for nearly three months...

Well the questions are
    a: what do I say to her? What do I do ask about over coffee?

And

b: should I wait until we speak to move on

And c: Should I ask any questions about her college life?
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 17, 2009, 09:59 PM

No none of it. She is doing college and living the college life... it has been 3 months since you broke up and your relationship lasted for 2.5 years. Must you always be on the pursuit? You need to live life for you. You asked her for a coffee and if she does not show up... move on... no need to become involved any further.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Nov 17, 2009, 10:06 PM

Why do you want to meet her? To give yourself hope?

You should move on and apply NC right now. If you don't, you will only have lingering pain and thought. She has moved on, I think it's high time you do too.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 10:38 PM
    If you accidentally meet her on the street, be polite and move on. Otherwise, planning to meet her is a bad idea. It sounds like she has gone No Contact. You should too.

Let the wounds heal, unpack or discard the baggage, and let the emotional dust settle. Someday, maybe, you will be friends but it sounds like it is too soon to try that right now.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace1234 View Post
    a: what do I say to her? What do I do ask about over coffee?
    You don't say anything. If she hasn't tried to contact you, then she probably doesn't want to talk to you. Why don't you respect her wishes and leave her alone?

b: should i wait until we speak to move on
    You don't need to speak to move on. You find closure from within yourself.

c: Should I ask any questions about her college life?
    Wait until you've completely healed from this break up, i.e. not wanting to see her only to rekindle the relationship, before you talk again.

I know it sucks when we can't talk to our ex. I feel for you because I've completely lost touch with my ex gfs. If they wanted to talk to us, they would let us know.

Be patient, give more time for both sides to heal from the break up before worrying about talking again. Let it happen naturally. If you force the issue, it will just push them away further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meeting with ex [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Skryne and I am a heartbreakaholic. Meself and my ex arranged to meet up a few days ago. We had been going out for 6 years and went on a break in April and broke up 6/7 weeks ago, all her idea. During the break/breakup we had VERY little contact. She has also going through a lot...

Get Over Ex And Meeting Someone Else. [ 16 Answers ]

First and foremost I would like to thank all of you who have helped in me through this tough time... These forums are a blessing in disguise... I dated my exgf for 2.5 years.. broken up for 4 months .first love, do anything to get her back... etc etc... I do occasionally run into her by...

After our first meeting. [ 24 Answers ]

Ok. So I joined match.com. I met started chatting with a girl who is the same age, and lives in the same general area as I do. FYI, her and I are both 26 yrs old. Anyway, the conversation on the phone was great. She seemed to share the same interests as I do. These would be education,...

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

View more questions Search