Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slick2405 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 08:19 PM
    Will a military background check show up on a civilian criminal background check?
    Will a military background check show up on a civilian background check?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 12:05 AM
    Greetings and WELCOME to the site, Slick2405!

I moved your question out of Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed by those who are best able to answer it. Your question will get noticed much more here.

Introductions is for people to introduce themselves only, and we try to not ask questions there. We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little bit about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    nomou Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 07:01 AM

Yes.

If a civilian check is done, and the prospective employer has your social security number, they can find out if you were in the military, they can even find out where you were stationed. They don't really even need the social security number. They don't see the military record per se, but they do see that you were active at one point in time.

Usually the prospective employer will ask you to sign a release stating that you have no problem with them contacting any of your previous employers or obtaining a copy of your military record if you were in fact in the military. Sometimes people who receive a dishonorable discharge will simply try and hide the fact that they were ever in the military. This is not advised, as it can easily be discovered.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

Criminal Background check [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know about a website where you can do a background check completely free?

Criminal background check [ 12 Answers ]

What is the best website to do a criminal background check/ and credit check?

Criminal Background Check [ 12 Answers ]

Greetings! Over the years I have completed multiple employment applications which have entailed answering Professional Conduct Questions. Each time the question: Have you ever been charged with, convicted, etc appeared, I have answered "NO", which is by all means true. In 1989 I was taken into...

Background/Criminal Check [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a few months ago about a man my mother has started dating. The whole situation with him is so suspicious that I'm worried. He recently got arrested for something that he supposedly went to jail for in Florida a few months ago. Since he wouldn't be arrested for the same thing twice, I...

View more questions Search