Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jemmstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Trouble cleaning 3-1 and 4-1 ?
    I started a new job a few weeks ago and yesturday my boss asked me, "why is it hard (for people) to clean behind the bottom front teeth? so that we (the dentist) spend most of our time cleaning there rather than any where else in the mouth?" the answers that I have come up with have all been WRONG! (as he says) and I have asked the other dental assisstant and my friend that was a dental assisstant for a few years and they both have said because it is a small compact area difficult for the bristles of a brush to be at the right angle to clean properly which then has to be scaled. But he says this is also wrong. And I have to have an answer tomorrow.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:07 PM
    There is a saliva duct under the tongue. When plaque isn't removed thoroughly on a daily basis the minerals in the saliva cause this plaque to harden.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Nov 21, 2009, 12:15 AM

Well the current theory is complicated, has to do with pH (acidity) Basically the lower inside of the teeth is always filled with saliva so has a very high pH (low acidity) so calculus (tartar) can form easily there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

Post-Construction Cleaning and Pre-Construction Cleaning Pricing [ 7 Answers ]

I have a cleaning company and will need to come up with a price per unit 1 bedroom post construction cleaning and pre construction cleaning> I will be entering the unit 2 times I'm not sure what to charge?

Cleaning the door on a self-cleaning oven [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore self cleaning oven. How do I clean the glass door of the oven. Directions say clean the door separately, but I am having trouble getting the cooked on particles off th e glass.

Cleaning a self cleaning oven [ 3 Answers ]

I have a self cleaning oven that is over 9 years old and I have never cleaned it. I'm afraid that if I try to clean it now that it will either smoke so much that my smoke alarm will go off or the oven might even start on fire. Am I better off just buying a new stove or should I try to clean it...

Cleaning bid [ 3 Answers ]

What is the dollar amount to bid per square foot on a small office building 1000 sq ft

View more questions Search