Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franticparent Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:13 PM
    Union Law: MedicalInsurance
    As a union member, part of a collective barganing agreement, Am I bound to pay into the Union Medical Plan even though I do not use the insurance because my wife's coverage is better? I am currently paying 120.00 per week for medical insurance I do not use, this is in addition to the monies my empolyer puts in for me. My wife works at a hospital and has better insurance than I do. I want to opt out of my plan but they tell me I still need to pay into the plan out of my pocket.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 06:00 PM

First this is not a "law" but your union rules, so you need to talk to your shop steward or union office and ask them what the rules are.
    Often this is the case.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 06:19 PM

In most cases you are a member of a collective bargaining unit and all members get the same benefits and cost. It's a package deal not ala carte, take all or none. Talk to your steward but this is the case for most bargaining groups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doughter in law from hell [ 4 Answers ]

How do I deal with a daughter in law from Brazil that my son married after only knowing her for 6 months. They have been married 2 years now She treats me terrible, threatens constently to take my son and move to Brazil so I never see him again. We are a very close family (or were) till she...

Company Law [ 1 Answers ]

Discuss the proposition that the rule in Salomon v Salomon & Co Ltd AC 223, although legally and doctrinally correct, does not always reflect the reality of the division of powers and influence between the board of directors and the general meeting. Specifically, consider how, in the case of...

What can I do by law? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I own a remodeling business in Jacksonville Fl. We had a client breach a contract. Upon his breachment, we turn over the contract to our corporate attorneys. Upon their review, it would cost more to fight than just to let it go, so we let it go. Within two days, on a Sunday, October...

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

View more questions Search