Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdclds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Evicting a roommate

How do I legally evict a roommate paying nothing who has received a 30-day notice but will not move? We live in California.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
    You file a lawsuit for eviction. You can read about the process at Landlord/Tenant Book Index - California Department of Consumer Affairs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting a Roommate [ 1 Answers ]

I co-signed a lease for my son. He lives in the property alone. I put down the first month and last month security deposit and paid the rent in July and August. It looks like I will end up paying September as well. The apartment is in Florida, I live in New Jersey. I don't know what to do, he has...

Evicting a roommate [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NYC. I recently got a B307 form to evict my roommate who refuses to comply with house rules such as no smoking, keeping her room clean, etc. The problem is that as simple and idiot-proof as the B307 seems, I want to make sure I'm filling it out properly. I haven't been able to find...

Evicting Roommate [ 12 Answers ]

My roommate and I do not get along. He has lived there for a bit less than a month. I asked him to leave since he is not part of the lease. He claims that after two weeks he is a resident of the apartment and he has the right to stay there. Is this true? I am a Salt Lake City resident. Thank...

Evicting roommate [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has been living with her boyfriend for 10 years. He does not pay any bills or rent. His name is not on the lease. My friend lives in Georgia. My friend wants her boyfriend to leave her house. The only problem is that they have children together that live in the house with...

View more questions Search