Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2003, 04:39 AM
    Help with transformers PLEASE!!
    I have to make a simple transformer, that measures the output voltage from the secondary coil, with relation to the distance between the primary and the secondary coil. So, I don't have to make it a step up or step down transformer, I just have to see how the voltage changes with distance. So do you think I should use a non-iron core transformer, or do you have any other ideas, that would be suitable in any way? Please help me, I am stuck. Do you think, using a non-iron ( air core) transformer will work, or should I try something else
    Zeboy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2004, 11:58 AM
    help with transformers PLEASE!!
    On my side I think it is not better to use non-iron core transformer because trnsformer usually function in the presence of iron,so I would like to advice you just use iron core transformer and you will observe that it will functin in a specific way.
    On the other hand iron core is useful because it results in the magnetic flux in the iron ring changes hence it induces an alternating emf which is the application of transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transformers/inverters? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace some transformers to gadgets: a) How do I find out which one to buy? b) Where do I get them cheaply? c) Is a generic (by spec only) as safe as the original? Thanks

View more questions Search