Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tribeca8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Weil Mclain Lockouts
    Purchased a Weil-McLain Ultra 230 Hot Water Boiler Natural Gas about a yr ago.
    From basically day 1 have had lockouts. In the 30-50 range over a course of weeks. Now down to 18. Reason: Return temp exceeded the supply temp. Have had numerous visits from Weil Mclain people and people that installed the heater. They can't find a reason. What would be reasoning for the return temp. to exceed the supply temp.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 11:38 AM
    I would first start by testing the sensor(s) since when they go bad or out of range problems like what you are having come up. There should be a ohm value stated in the master repair/service manual for your unit that came with the unit. If not go to there web site and download it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weil Mclain Ultra II 230 Boiler [ 25 Answers ]

I am considering a Ultra 230 boiler and in looking over the documentation I have three questions: 1. What the heck is a "condensing" boiler? 2. Will this boiler system work with cast iron radiators? 3. The piping diagram shows a 12" long connection atop the boiler between the input and...

Weil-mclain ultra 155 [ 3 Answers ]

I have power to my boiler because the fan is running, but no power to the electronics. So no firing, no sensing and no heat. Are there fuses in there that could be blown? Unit is 2 years old.

Repeated Hard Lockouts with Weil-McLain Ultra 2 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weil-McLain Ultra Series 2 -155 Gas Fired Water boiler furnace that has been installed for about a year. It started with hard lockouts, code E18 occurring about once ever week or two. It has gradually gotten worse with soft lockout code b30 acting as a hard lockout and not resetting. ...

Weil-McLain Boiler settings? Look right? [ 3 Answers ]

Weil-McLain Gold Oil Model: WTGO-4 Series: 3 Net Output... Water 128 MBH Pressure set at 22 Water Temp at 162 Feet H20 at 40 Water Heater is Amtrol Boilermate WH7ZDW

Heating weil mclain furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace burner don't want to start by imself If I push the reset buton the burner start for 45 second That it I need to keep pushing the button for burner to start What is my propleme, why do the burner don't want to start By imself?

View more questions Search