Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babystar24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Brown hair dye turend dark red
    I am a natural blonde and last week I went to the hair dresser to get my hair dyed brown well the day after my hair was a dark green so I went back to get it fixed now my hair is a dark brown/red with a bit of orange:eek: what can I do to get the colors to fade quick? I want the red/orange gone it is bad!! You can also email me at [email protected] thanks so much!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 10, 2006, 12:35 AM
    Your hairstylist must have used a brown color with a blue base on your hair. When you use a blue base color on blonde hair, it will result in a green cast. So they tried to correct it by applying a reddish brown color because red neutralizes green, however, it turned your hair red. If your hair is a red/orange color, you will need to use an ash color to cancel out the red tones. Choose an "ash brown" color. Leave the color on your hair for 10-15 minutes then rinse it out, and shampoo and condition your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Can I dye my black hair brown? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair black with permanent dye for about five years. The last time I dyed it was four months ago, and now I want to dye it dark brown. Can I just dye over it or do I have to get rid of the black first?

Brown Hair Dye Turned Black [ 4 Answers ]

I Dyed My Teenage Daughters Hair Last Night. It Was Supposed To Be Dark Brown. Some Is Dark Brown, But Most Of It Looks Black. What Can I Do To Lighten It. She Left For School In Tears This Morning. She Thinks It Looks Gothic. Please Help.

I want to dye the underneath of my hair brown... [ 3 Answers ]

I want to dye the underneath of my hair dark brown and keep the top blonde. I have no idea how to do this. Do I make a straight line underneath and dye that or is it more specific than that?? I have layers in my so I am not sure where to do the dye. Any help would be great.

I'm trying to dye my hair 4rm red to brown how do I do that with stuff round the house [ 1 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair to brown but it came out red I'm trying to get it back to dark brown but can't until Tuesday I don't want to be seen in public until then so how do I make it darker with stuff around the house?

View more questions Search