Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisp1279 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:18 AM
    TV is turning off
    Got a new virgin HD box yesterday and now the TV keeps turning off every 20mins or so.. just totally turning off.. need to reset it at the power switch

Phoned virgin who sent an engineer out to tell us that it was coincedental... I don't see how though.. was working perfectly well before yesterday

Any ideas guys... any help be gratefully received :D
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Nov 17, 2009, 11:51 PM
    I'm inclined to agree with the Virgin tech – it most likely is a coincidence! Unless it's some very strange earth-leakage problem, though I can't see how.

How is the Virgin box connected to the TV?

The easiest way to resolve whether it's the Virgin box or a coincidence is to completely disconnect the Virgin box for a few hours, and see if the TV still switches off. You might want to do this at an 'idle' time, when you wouldn't normally be watching TV, so you don't miss anything that you rely on the Virgin box for.

Regards,
    Daniel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water. [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 3 knob Kohler shower faucet in my bathroom. The hot water keeps turning and turning and doesn't stop. The water does turn on and off but it also keeps dripping. I have to play with it in order to prevent it from dripping as much as possible. How can I fix this? It is an older type Kohler...

My shower faucet keeps turning and turning. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my shower faucet has to be almost entirely turned around before it comes on. This just happened today. . Only the cold water.. is that a bad valve er something? Thank you in advance:(

How to fix sillcock valve that keeps turning and turning [ 5 Answers ]

Hi , I have searched high and low but can not seem to find anything related to my own problem. I have a sillcok valve that just can not be shut off and with winter coming I am starting to think I will need a plumber but wanted to try myself first. I removed the screw that holds the tap and...

Fan keeps turning off. [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought an Aloha breeze ceiling fan and instaled it for the first time. I did it myself to save money. I was trying to go by the instructions but got confused with the remote. That's when I saw the helpful tip from this site. Anyway I finished installing it, but after awhile of running the...

View more questions Search